Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin and the Digital Age: Panel Discussion, Somerset House 12th January 2016

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

illustration inc
#11 · Posted: 15 Jan 2016 02:59
jock123:
Why not - it's a glamorous scene

Absolutely, why not! Just wondered what it was about that time in writing and creating that prompted the cameos. It is a perfect scene to add them in and like Michael Farr, Ottokar's Sceptre is one of my absolute favourites too.

jock123:
whatever they do do won't actually detract from or remove the originals

Absolutely! Great to experiment as the originals will never change

Thanks again for a great evening - I hope another one happens very soon. Looking forward to Pairs later this year. How about a Tintinologist organised trip over? It would be fun to see the thing with fellow enthusiasts..? :)
jock123
#12 · Posted: 15 Jan 2016 08:53
illustration inc:
Looking forward to Pairs later this year. How about a Tintinologist organised trip over? It would be fun to see the thing with fellow enthusiasts..? :)

It's an interesting idea, but it might be a little bit difficult to finance and coordinate time-wise (I was saying to someone that I didn't manage to get to the Pompidou retrospective because I had to be in Paris the week after it closed, and I didn't have the time or money to do both; I've also not managed to make it to the revival of the Musée Imaginaire, even with it being extended...).

Perhaps the thing to do is - should anyone be making a trip, and be looking for company - to mention it here, and see if there is anyone who might be there at the same time, and wants to meet up?
illustration inc
#13 · Posted: 15 Jan 2016 11:44
jock123:
Perhaps the thing to do is - should anyone be making a trip, and be looking for company - to mention it here, and see if there is anyone who might be there at the same time, and wants to meet up?

Good idea- we've at least got some time to get organised. I wanted to make another trip to the Hergé Museum this year too. Looking forward to it :)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!