Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Benoît Peeters: Paris flat destroyed in gas explosion

jock123
#1 · Posted: 1 Apr 2016 22:30
The building in which noted Tintin expert and Casterman director Benoît Peeters lived in Paris has been destroyed in a gas explosion. Fortunately M. Peeters has reported on Facebook that he was not at home when the accident occurred.

It is good to know that he is unharmed, as he was not at home at the time, although sadly the report states that 17 were injured, a fireman seriously.
prairiegrass
#2 · Posted: 2 Apr 2016 13:30
Wow! Glad he is okay; was his apartment lost?
Edit: I see on Facebook he wrote:
C'était le 4 rue de Bérite, où j'habitais depuis 2011... Je suis passé tout à l'heure dans la rue. L'immeuble est tout à fait inaccessible pour plusieurs jours ou davantage. Mon appartement était situé au troisième étage, côté cour. Je ne crois pas qu'il y aura quelque chose à sauver. (Mais le moral reste bon.)

FormulaFourteen
#3 · Posted: 3 Apr 2016 04:59
Mind a rough translation, for those of us - meaning me! :) - who don't read French...
jock123
#4 · Posted: 3 Apr 2016 11:15
Rough translation:
[The explosion] was at 4, Rue de Bérite, where I've lived since 2011... I was in the street just now. The building will be quite unreachable for several days. My flat was on the third floor, court-yard side. I don't know if there will be anything to save. (But my morale remains high.)
FormulaFourteen
#5 · Posted: 3 Apr 2016 18:37
jock123
Thanks! Most enlightening!
prairiegrass
#6 · Posted: 30 Apr 2016 11:07
If you are on Facebook you can follow M. Peeters and, besides the great links and interesting articles he posts, he's also put up a lot of photos of his flat after the fire.

The album of photos is here (not sure if you need a Facebook account but I presume so).

What an awful thing to have happen to anyone! But his photos are quite interesting and his commentary, as expected, exceptional ...

Worth a look!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!