Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

"La Grande Aventure du Journal Tintin 1946-1988": New book coming this August!

jock123
#1 · Posted: 25 May 2016 14:09
This year marks 70 years since the birth of the "Tintin" magazine, and to honour this landmark, Moulinsart and Editions Le Lombard are collaborating on a lavish new book.
Published this August, this mammoth book (777 pages - it was, after all, the journal for young people from 7 to 77!) will cover the history of the journal by reproducing some of its most iconic and significant comic-strips, accompanied by text written by distinguished Tintinologist, Philippe Goddin.

Some seventy pages will devoted to the work of Hergé alone, reproducing sketches, covers, calendars and other items for the magazine. There will be many more, covering the notable artists and writers who worked within its pages during its life: Jacobs, Cuvelier, Graton, Hermann, Vance, Pratt and Rosinski, to name a few.

Sounds like an essential read! You can see its cover on our Facebook page.
belvisionfan
#2 · Posted: 17 Jun 2016 18:13
Sounds awesome! I'm a new member, and a huge fan of the magazine! Will the book be translated to English?
jock123
#3 · Posted: 18 Jun 2016 00:12
belvisionfan:
Will the book be translated to English?

It may be, but there are apparently no plans to do so.
Given the reduced nature of The Art of Hergé compared to the mammoth series Hergé: Chronologie d'Une Œuvre which spawned it, I suppose it is possible we may get a slimmed down version, perhaps concentrating on the Hergé material, but that is just guessing.

Update: You can read my full review of the book here.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!