Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Asterix: Forthcoming London exhibition dedicated to René Goscinny

jock123
#1 · Posted: 20 Mar 2018 11:31
"Asterix in Britain: The Life & Work of René Goscinny" will run at the Jewish Museum London, from the 10th of May until the 30th of September, 2018.

It's a beautiful venue, within easy reach of public transport, in the heart of Camden, so if you are visiting London this summer, I am sure it will be worth a visit!

The museum is to be found at Raymond Burton House, 129-131 Albert St, Camden Town, London NW1 7NB, just a short distance from the corner with Camden Parkway, and is open 10:00-17:00 daily, apart from Friday, when it is open 10:00-14:00.

I will add further details as and when I get them.
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 28 Sep 2018 21:55
I managed to go yesterday just before the exhibtion closes.

Very nice exhibition I learned alot about René Goscinny.

The Asterix in Britain Exhibition has given me a whole new appriciation for hes work.

Perhaps one day a compliation book of hes art work will be published similiar to Herge Chronologie d'une Oeuvre or The Art of Herge
jock123
#3 · Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:24
Snap! I went on Thursday too, and yes, it was very good, wasn't it? It covered so much in a very compact fashion, and had really good examples of original material - not just artwork, but scripts, notes and even his typewrite - which as they pointed out, had been altered from a standard English "QWERTY" layout to be closer to a French "AZERTY" machine, with accented letters, meaning that there was no proper "!" exclamation mark, so he had to do a full stop ("."), backspace, then a ledger mark ("'").

It's a pity that there wasn't a catalogue, as I would have liked more time to digest the vast amount of information presented - and yes, a Chronologie would be fantastic!
Shivam302001
#4 · Posted: 29 Sep 2018 14:03
Here is a sneak peek into the the exhibition if you have been unable to visit it.

Moreover, it is mentioned in the site the exhibition will continue till 2nd October, so the last date must have been postponed. So, if you still plan to visit it you have still got a few days.

Yes, and I second that wish for a chronologie.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!