Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Tintin news and events /

A new Tintin album to be released soon - Janurary 2019?

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

iluvtintin
#21 · Posted: 21 Dec 2018 12:37
Shivam302001:
Well, for that to happen you basically have to change the story right? ;-)Because in the original Herge version, you know how it is between Tintin, the Congolese and the animals.

I really hope that Tintin and Snowy attitude changes in the new of re-releasing tintin in the congo. i hope the africans look like humans and treated fairly. same with the animals. this is just my two cents. i will be SO happy to see those two changes. that's all i want.

I know. but we in 2018 now and some people might get offensive about it. this is why i'm kind of worried about this also.

--
(Combined 2 consecutive posts)
Note from Moderator: as requested once before, please stop making consecutive posts.
Mikael Uhlin
#22 · Posted: 22 Dec 2018 17:06
iluvtintin:
I really hope that Tintin and Snowy attitude changes in the new of re-releasing tintin in the congo. i hope the africans look like humans and treated fairly. same with the animals.

There are no changes except added colours to the original version.
iluvtintin
#23 · Posted: 24 Dec 2018 05:35
Mikael Uhlin:
There are no changes except added colours to the original version.

Then what's the point?
snowybella
#24 · Posted: 24 Dec 2018 05:48
iluvtintin:
Then what's the point?

I suppose it's so completists and collectors can have the original versions in colour.
iluvtintin
#25 · Posted: 24 Dec 2018 07:46
I really hope they put a warning on the new re-releasing of the book i know this comic was made in the 30's. but they have to remember that we are living in a time where this book won't be accept today.people seem to get really offensive by this stuff and this is why i'm worried. they already re-release this book before and it cause it trouble. in today standards it probably gonna start more trouble then it already did. i honestly feel there's no point to re-release this book. and they doing it for money. which they are. herge said he doesn't like this book. so why they keep breaking this man rules? the copyright hasn't even ended yet. it's hasn't been 70 years yet. if they doing it for history then i accept them for that. but there's no point. this book already been colored and re-release i feel they need to leave this book alone. which they won't. if they not gonna make any changes to it. i really hope they ready for the social justice warriors. people these days don't care if was made in the past. let's see what happens with this.
snowybella
#26 · Posted: 24 Dec 2018 08:33 · Edited by: snowybella
iluvtintin:
but they have to remember that we are living in a time where this book won't be accept today

There's already been two reprints of the standard colour edition, and the Casterman colour edition (the one I have) still seems to be in print.

iluvtintin:
herge said he doesn't like this book.

That's interesting; can you tell me where you got that piece of information from? I think you might be confusing it with Soviets though, but if you are, then that's actually a rumour - in the endpapers of an original edition, you can see Tintin in his Russian costume, and if he didn't like it, then he wouldn't have drawn it there.
mct16
#27 · Posted: 25 Dec 2018 00:06 · Edited by: mct16
I think that the view is that Herge did not like "Soviets" because it was very episodic with no real plot, a very simplistic story far from the better-planned and more flowing storylines that later appeared in "Lotus", "Broken Ear" etc.

A couple of scenes of "Soviets" do feature in the endpapers, a good illustration to show how far Tintin's adventures had taken him.

Herge did not like "Soviets" insofar as he did not redraw or colourise the album, but during his lifetime (1973) it was included in an omnibus edition of his early work, so at least he did acknowledge its existence.

Happy Christmas, everyone! :)
Richard1631978
#28 · Posted: 28 Dec 2018 11:10
According to Michael Farr Herge had "Soviets" released as an album due to the amount of pirate editions in circulation among fans.
JKM
#29 · Posted: 28 Dec 2018 19:47
If the "new" album is indeed just a coloured 1930 version, my question would also be:
"What's the point?"

I mean, there is already a colour edition of that adventure, the 1946 version, created by Hergé himself.
A casual reader will prefer reading that one.
I assume that the original 1930 version is only of interest for the Tintin collectors?
And shouldn't most collectors be interested in the original black and white edition,
not a modern colourised version that wasn't approved by Hergé ?

It's also weird that for the 90th anniversary of "Soviets" there's a special release of "Congo".
Doesn't make much sense.

I hope that there will be other, more interesting, releases in 2019.
iluvtintin
#30 · Posted: 29 Dec 2018 06:08 · Edited by: Moderator
JKM:
If the "new" album is indeed just a coloured 1930 version, my question would also be: "What's the point?"I mean, there is already a colour edition of that adventure, the 1946 version, created by Hergé himself.A casual reader will prefer reading that one.I assume that the original 1930 version is only of interest for the Tintin collectors?And shouldn't most collectors be interested in the original black and white edition,not a modern colourised version that wasn't approved by Hergé ?It's also weird that for the 90th anniversary of "Soviets" there's a special release of "Congo".Doesn't make much sense.I hope that there will be other, more interesting, releases in 2019.

EXACTLY! I said everything you just said. this is just a waste of time.

Posted: 29 Dec 2018 07:00
JKM:
It's also weird that for the 90th anniversary of "Soviets" there's a special release of "Congo". Doesn't make much sense.

I said the samething. it doesn't make any sense at all. i can understand tintin in the land in the soviets being in colored for tintin 90th birthday. that would of make more sense to me. they doing all of this for money. i'm pretty sure Tintin in America gonna be next. poor herge.

Posted: 29 Dec 2018 07:21
JKM:
: I hope that there will be other, more interesting, releases in 2019.

Me too. they can be doing so much more than releasing books that already been release and not breaking hergé rules.

Posted: 29 Dec 2018 08:08
snowybella:
There's already been two reprints of the standard colour edition, and the Casterman colour edition (the one I have) still seems to be in print.

Yes. that's because those books already been release. it's different then today. and yes. there's no need for them to release them again.

you see what i mean? it's just waste of time and money. there's no point to it.

Posted: 29 Dec 2018 08:23
snowybella:
That's interesting; can you tell me where you got that piece of information from? I think you might be confusing it with Soviets though, but if you are, then that's actually a rumour - in the endpapers of an original edition, you can see Tintin in his Russian costume, and if he didn't like it, then he wouldn't have drawn it there.

He's says it. it's real. he doesn't like this book because it's racist and the animal killing. he did say that he was sorry for doing the book but honestly it wasn't really his fault. it was the laws back then and he couldn't do anything about it. he doesn't like soviets or the congo.

Posted: 29 Dec 2018 08:29
To snowybella: it's real information. i'm not sure where i got the information from but it's real. he doesn't like either of these books.

--
Moderator action: combined a series of consecutive posts.
Moderator note to poster: Please stop making consecutive posts. It makes the thread unnecessarily long and annoyingly difficult to follow. Be considerate to your fellow members and the Moderating Team.

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!