Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Composer Mats Lidstrom writes Suite Tintin

marsbar
#1 · Posted: 10 May 2005 12:55
Mats Lidstrom (Swedish cellist and composer) is about to release a CD featuring a collection of music inspired by nine Tintin adventures: "Suite Tintin". Read the article about Suite Tintin, from The Independent Online.
--
[Thanks to Etienne (our Belgium Correspondent) and Dan Chen for the information.]
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 10 May 2005 16:38
Sounds worthy of a listen, sadly I cannot make the concert but would definitely be interested in picking up the CD. Anyone know where it can be purchased from?

Rik
GurraJG
#3 · Posted: 10 May 2005 18:16
I'm not really into classical music, but it may be worth a listen, especially since it's inspired by Tintin.

-Gustav
Tournesol
#4 · Posted: 10 May 2005 23:24
It's actually great music, highly classical and serious, definitely not "camp"!

Mats is a fantastic Tintin nerd who loves to talk about each part of the "Tintin Suite", giving a detailed analysis of what happens in the sequence for the poor members of the audience who have yet to read the albums. (Shame on them!)

I'm looking forward to the CD!
Richard
UK Correspondent
#5 · Posted: 17 May 2005 21:42
Just to update everyone, the CD's release has been delayed until the 23rd of July. It is now a co-production with the Fondation Hergé and will be launched as part of the Belgian Independence Day celebrations.
jockosjungle
#6 · Posted: 4 Jul 2005 20:07
Mentioned this in the other thread but the Tintin Festival is going to close with the Tintin Suite, I guess they will be launching the CD at the same time.

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#7 · Posted: 1 Sep 2005 09:12
I'm not sure exactly when it was released (it's listed as the item of the day), but it's definitely out now - although it currently only seems to be available through the official Tintin site, on this page.

Interestingly, the booklet is in English only !
jockosjungle
#8 · Posted: 1 Sep 2005 17:30
You could buy it at the Tintin Festival, he also performed parts as a duet, it was pretty good.

Rik
senhoroliveira
#9 · Posted: 17 Oct 2005 11:56
The Dutch (I think) composer Cornelius De Bondt wrote a piece called Het Gebroken Oor - The Broken Ear. It's modern... a pun on the ear being broken, but he acknowledges he took the title from Tintin.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!