Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Sport and exercise in Tintin

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

GurraJG
#1 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 17:16
Something which I have been wondering about is how does Tintin, Haddock, etc. all keep in shape?

The reason I'm asking this for is that you don't see any sport or exercise in the albums (except for Tintin and the Broken Ear and Tintin and the Piccaros, where you see Tintin doing his morning exercises).

Can someone enlighten me on how they keep in shape?

-Gustav
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 22:18
Well they run about plenty, and also when was the last time you saw any of them sit down and eat a McDonalds? They hardly ever eat, that's the key I'm guessing.

Would be funny to see them fat though, kind of like Jo and Zette in the Secret Ray!

Rik
Frankymole
#3 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 23:15
Haddock drinks too much (in Red Rackham's Treasure, he even has a letter from his doctor telling him to diet and avoid alcohol because he has poor liver condition). Not only does the Captain ignore the advice, as always, but he also smokes a pipe (or tries to, but burns himself with the match!). As Tintin remained 'young and fit' from 1929 to 1983, and Haddock never seems to age either, maybe they've just discovered the secret of immortality... or perhaps there is an unseen adventure of "Tintin and the Fountain of Youth"?
tybaltstone
#4 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 00:31
...or perhaps there is an unseen adventure of "Tintin and the Fountain of Youth"?

Ah yes - Tintin and Haddock travel to deepest Africa and meet Ayesha - 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' and bathe in the Flame of eternal Life. Now that would be fantastic.

But their fitness I put down to two things - chasing/being chased by international crooks and being made of ink.
DERFALLBIENLEIN
#5 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 11:44
We also see Tintin exercising in Prisoners of the Sun whilst he and Captain Haddock are awaiting their date with the Sun God. Tintin is obviously banking on the information he found on the scrap of newspaper to be accurate.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#6 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 11:47
Tintin also appears to enjoy a walk in the country, when he goes to visit Captain Haddock at Marlinspike (Seven Crystal Balls), or at Marlinspike with the Captain himself (Calculus Affair, Castafiore Emerald). The best exercise you can have!
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 12:44
Yeh he also goes climbing in Destination Moon

Rik
Harrock n roll
#8 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 14:07
... and of course a spot of yoga in Tintin and the Picaros
GurraJG
#9 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 15:34
being made of ink.

Yeah, good point :)

-Gustav
tybaltstone
#10 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 15:52
Sorry, GurraJG - that was a cop-out on my part. Everyone else has come up with much better reasons!

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!