Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

How many Tintin books do you have (or have read)?

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

#11 · Posted: 1 Aug 2004 00:56
I have read all the Tintin books (yes Soviets, Congo and Alph-Art -first edition included) except the black and white facsmilies of Tintin in America through to The Crab with the Golden Claws.

Although I don't own all of them yet (very expensive comics), I plan to. I have:

Tintin in the Land of the Soviets
Tintin in the Congo (black English version and French colour version)
The Broken Ear
The Shooting Star
The Secret of the Unicorn
The Seven Crystal Balls
Prisoners of the Sun
The Calculus Affair
Tintin in Tibet
Flight 714

The titles vary and are either the adventures I consider that are the best in the series or were available at the shops when I bought them and for Congo and Soviets I bought them for their 'history', interest and rarity (at the time I bought them English versions were ridiculously rare in shops and online).
#12 · Posted: 4 Aug 2004 20:12 · Edited by: OJG
If you're not feeling up to a reading a long-winded list, better stop here!

I have all the main Tintin stories (Tintin in America to Tintin and the Picaros), mostly in paperback but 2 in hardback.

I've also got Tintin and the Lake of Sharks, Tintin in the Land of the Soviets, and the English Tintin in the Congo (I DO wish they'd bring out the colour, re-done version in English).

And then I've got stuff like the 'Pocket Essential' Tintin, the Tintinologue (I love that book), Tintin and the World of Hergé, and the Tintin Games Book. One really rare one I found was the Tintin Action Playbook 1.

As well as these, I have got (don't ask me why) L'Ile Noire, Le Temple Du Soleil, and Il Drago Blu (French and Italian).
#13 · Posted: 30 Aug 2004 03:35
I have all the tintin books in the series except alph-art witch i am in the prosess of ordering
#14 · Posted: 9 Oct 2004 22:56
Ugh, I'm just getting started...though I did begin buying the books years ago now, I've only bought a few, i dunno why; and they're getting more scarce every year here! (something I'm fixing up through eBay...)

I've the regular Congo, Black Island, Explorers on the Moon (my first one), Flight 714, and The Lake of Sharks (dunno why I bought that one, but I did), all in Spanish.
I spilled a few years ago, and I bought Soviets in English (it's huge!)
I also own (or owned, i haven't seen it around here for a while...) an issue of an Argentinean magazine called 'Billiken' (a very old one), that has two pages from The Shooting Star published, as a long-running series.
And I'm buying a Tintin Picaros at eBay right now, cos I want that 'fashion statement'...

I know it's not much; it was the TV series that first got me hooked (when it aired on HBO; then, on Cartoon Network)
I also saw both animated movies, plus Les Oranges Bleu, and until not many years ago, I had La Toison D'Or taped (from the French channel) in french, subbed in Spanish.
#15 · Posted: 10 Oct 2004 02:34

When I was younger I watched the Tintin series and fell in love with it immediately. Up until a while ago I thought the series was all there was, since I couldn't remember it all that well. But then, at a visit to another country, the hosue I stayed at had two Tintin books, "Explorers on the Moon" and "Flight 174"!. Imagine my reaction when I found it.

As soon as I came home I started looking everywhere for the books, started ordering them, buying them from stores, and I wanted to have as much as I could before I started reading. I have about 21 now, even though there are I think 25. I've started reading anyways. Currently I'm on "Destination Moon".
#16 · Posted: 10 Oct 2004 14:32
I've now read, or just have, every single one.
I have Tintin au pays des Soviets, Tintin au Congo (the only one I haven't got in English, because it doesn't exist...), L'Oreille Cassée, L'Île Noire, and the old version of Tintin et l'Alph-art (I don't have this in English either, though I have the gold-coloured one in English) in French, and Der Schatz Rackhams des Roten in German.
Also, I only have The Black Island and King Ottokar's Sceptre as part of a three-in-one volume.

I once lost my copies of Prisoners of the Sun and The Castafiore Emerald on holiday, probably on a train; I was absolutely distraught, especially as they were both quite old copies. It's really a downgrade when you go from a slightly dog-eared, ten-year old book and a probably older hardback which was once bought from a library for 50p (sometimes they sell their old books) to brand new Mammoth and Egmont shiny paperbacks, and I use that term with the broadest sense, for I don't consider Egmont "paper" to be real paper..... (it's a lot more recently that I replaced them, btw)
#17 · Posted: 10 Oct 2004 17:29 · Edited by: Admin
I just wanted to know the real reasons behind the non-existance of the colour version of 'Tintin in Congo' in English.
At first I thought it was because of the contents, but if that were the case, the Spanish edition would've encontered some trouble in seeing the light as well...(not that it wasn't hard to find in the first place!)

[Post edited by Admin.

Reply from Jockosjungle:
It wasn't politically correct enough for the UK. There is even an apology at the beginning of the book (well not quite an apology but an explanation of the time period) --Rik

Note from Admin: Before posting a question, please always use the search facility to find out if the question has been answered already. Here is the existing thread on Tintin in the Congo (colour).]
#18 · Posted: 11 Oct 2004 10:28
I have all the English translated books, including the 3 facsimiles (Soviets, Congo and America), and Alph-Art (1st Edition) and Lake of Sharks. I have a French version of Congo (colour). In English I have Quick and Flupke ‘Double Trouble’ and Two of a Kind’. Also in English I have ‘Popol out West’. In English - Jo Zette and Jocko – ‘Valley of the Cobras’, ‘Mr Pumps Legagy’, ‘Destination New York’ and ‘The Secret Ray’.
As for the reference books I have – ‘Tintin and the World of Herge’, ' Tintin and Herge Reporters’, ‘The complete Tintin companion’, ‘Tintin Pocket Essentials’, ‘The Making of Tintin – Destination Moon & Explorers on the Moon’.
As well as ‘Tintin in the New World’, ‘ Kuifje in Barcelona ( Dutch)’, ‘Tintin, 60 Years of Adventure’. ‘The Tintin Games Book’.
Also various pamphlets including some from the ‘Into Tibet’ Exhibition in 1992, and an interesting pamphlet posing as a Petit Vingteime from the Tintin Shop (1992).
I may have forgotten some, as I am not sitting looking at them at the moment, so from memory this is my collection.
thompson with a p as in psychology
#19 · Posted: 24 Oct 2004 16:07 · Edited by: thompson with a p as in psychology
I have yet to read Soviets, Congo, Alph-Art, The Broken Ear, The Crab with Golden Claws, and only read half of Black Gold and Red Sea Sharks.

There are also one or two,like The Calculus Affair and The Blue Lotus, which I can barely remember.

I have as good as read some of them, because I've read so many reviews and cannot wait to have Soviets, Congo and Alph-Art in my collection!

Of the other ones I'm probably most looking forward to reading The Broken Ear from what I've heard.
#20 · Posted: 25 Oct 2004 09:38
Additions i forgot.....'The Blue Lotus' and 'Tintin in the Congo' in Chinese, and 'Tintin at Sea'.

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!