Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin's fighting style

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

youtin
#21 · Posted: 19 Apr 2008 19:03
Very interesting! I now know what the "Savate" Calculus was talking about! (I only have the English versions). As for Tintin's fighting style, I always thought it was more of banging people's heads together, tripping them and the like.. Haha.. :D
number1fan
#22 · Posted: 21 Apr 2008 17:06
His fighting style is smash mouth i think.He isnt technical he is kind of a grappler though.The way he throughs people over his shoulder.Some of the moves he pulls of would be worthy of WWE lol.
Little Mijarka
#23 · Posted: 22 Apr 2008 03:11
This forum made me wonder--where did Tintin learn to fight? Did he teach himself or did someone, maybe on some addventure or before sending him to Russia in "Soviets," teach him? A while ago, I saw the live action films from the 1960s and I think there's a scene where he demonstrates quite a bit of fighting (but I'm not too sure. I could just be imagining this.).

Is anyone else really curious about Calculus' savate days?
Triskeliae
#24 · Posted: 22 Apr 2008 13:00
Maybe he learned in the same place he learned to swim or to pilot a plane. Hergé never told how Tintin learned to do all these things.
Little Mijarka
#25 · Posted: 23 Apr 2008 05:40
I know I posed the question, but I'm fine with knowing Tintin is just brilliant enough to have picked it up himself. All we know is that, however Tintin learned, he learned well. One of my friends tried to count how many times he's escaped death and lost track...
Triskeliae
#26 · Posted: 25 Apr 2008 15:03
Savate or no, Tintin sure can throw some serious punches! :)
MT50446
#27 · Posted: 16 May 2015 05:50
Classic MMA (mixed-martial arts) combines many forms of fighting styles. The UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) beckons for Tintin.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!