Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

The Best Tintin Book to Start With?

Page  Page 5 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

cigars of the beeper
#41 · Posted: 13 Apr 2008 16:26
Some people think that Tintin looks ridiculous in the kilt. I have no problem with it.
Triskeliae
#42 · Posted: 14 Apr 2008 21:20
He looks funny (and cute!!) to me, but not ridiculous.

It looks like Steven Spielberg's favorite book is Flight 714. It might be the first of the film trilogy.
cryofry
#43 · Posted: 17 Apr 2008 10:20
My top 3 are:

1. The Shooting Star
2. Tintin In Tibet
3. The Black Island
tintinagalog
#44 · Posted: 17 Apr 2008 13:09
The best for me is Tintin and the Picaros, for it resembles with the EDSA People Power 1 that happened on February 25, 1986, when Filipinos overthrown Marcos.
In addition is the character of General Alcazar who lately discovered as a 'servant' to his wife (which we, Filipinos call 'andres de saya').

My second ranker is the Secret of the Unicorn double with Red Rackham's Treasure.
Marlinspike08
#45 · Posted: 4 May 2008 18:56
My favourite has always been Flight 714, which I feel has everything a great adventure needs. Mind you, I have a soft spot for Explorers On The Moon, which was the first Tintin book I ever read. The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners Of The Sun are great too.

I think Flight 714 would be a good one for Steven Spielberg to turn into a film, but I wonder if he might not start with an earlier story.
nikman
#46 · Posted: 8 May 2008 15:43
Hi All,

This is my second post after the one in "The funniest frames" section where I was so excited to post my view that I totally forgot to introduce myself first.

To the moderators: Congratulations for this amazing website. It really means a lot to Tintin fans like me!

I am from India and although there is a very niche group of readers in the country, Tintin is considered as an icon of youth and adventure, just like any other part of the world.

My view on the best book is Tintin in Tibet. I just never seem to get tired of reading this book.
Aurore
#47 · Posted: 9 May 2008 03:34
Destination Moon/Explorers on the Moon is #1!
waruna
#48 · Posted: 10 May 2008 09:37
Is Tin tin and Lake of shark ia an offisheal tintin book? what do you think?
waruna
#49 · Posted: 10 May 2008 09:42
tin tin and the picaros
Tin tin and Lake of sharks

are my best books.but in lake of sharks hasn't 62 pages!!
Pharaoh
#50 · Posted: 1 Jun 2008 04:48
Wait till you see the English version of "The Black Island" in the original form (released next month). You will LOVE it even more :) I have it in French and it is just mindblowing. Not as visually detailed as the 1966 redraw, but a sense of authenticity is there with all the guns and the antique looking cars and planes.

My all time Favorite album? Edit: Changed my mind to Tintin in Congo.

Page  Page 5 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!