Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

The Best Tintin Book to Start With?

Page  Page 6 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Bordurian Thug
#51 · Posted: 14 Jun 2008 19:17
The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun is probably the most complete adventure, Tintin in Tibet the most sublime and my personal favourite would be The Blue Lotus because it was translated into English later than the others and was an unexpected surprise for a young child. And for that now grown-up child, the historical context is especially strong, even by Herge's standards.
Tintinrulz
#52 · Posted: 15 Jun 2008 05:18
Tintin and the Lake of Sharks is not an 'offisheal' Tintin book.
It's not by Herge and despite the nice backgrounds, the story is rubbish, the characters don't act like they should, the two kids are annoying.
I guess you could do worse - watch the movie the graphic novel is based off.
Gosh!
IvanIvanovitch
#53 · Posted: 17 Jun 2008 05:34
rackhammerah:
Hmm I haven't seen anybody pick the moon series...

That's weird. I heard somewhere that they were the most popular of the series. Which I can't quite understand.
cigars of the beeper:
Some people think that Tintin looks ridiculous in the kilt. I have no problem with it.

Me neither. I find it very fetching!
chazcharlie, as you've probably noticed, everyone has a favorite Tintin book. In fact most people have a favorite list of Tintin books. My advice would be to plunge in with both feet and read the closest one to you at the moment. They're all great (Tintin in the Congo, a very early book, is the only real exception). Enjoy yourself!!!
IvanIvanovitch
#54 · Posted: 17 Jun 2008 05:47
#Check out this post!
waruna
#55 · Posted: 3 May 2009 09:59
My best TinTin books are Tintin and picaros and TinTin in Tibet.
What about others?
jock123
#56 · Posted: 3 May 2009 10:10
waruna:
My best TinTin books are Tintin and picaros and TinTin in Tibet.

Why did Lake of Sharks get demoted from your previous post...? ;-)
waruna
#57 · Posted: 3 May 2009 10:41
Yah...It's good... I like 'Lake of shark's paint style.

Hey! There are some Tin Tin E-Books in Internet as pdf format. I put some of them on my web blog. you can download TinTin books and read them.

Here is the link to my TinTin blog:--[link removed]

Warning to poster: Please note, linking to illegal downloads of copyrighted material is strictly against forum rules. This is the second time you have been warned not to do so.
The Unhappy Tintinologist Team
The Blue Lotus
#58 · Posted: 5 May 2009 04:51
waruna:

#33 · Posted: 10 May 2008 09:42 · Reply Quote
tin tin and the picaros
Tin tin and Lake of sharks

are my best books.but in lake of sharks hasn't 62 pages!!

Well, Lake of Sharks wasn't written or drawn by Herge, it was based on the animated movie, so I don't include it as an official story.

My favourite book is probably Red Rackham's Treasure, though The Blue Lotus and the Moon books would come close.
number1fan
#59 · Posted: 5 May 2009 07:49
The Blue Lotus
Voluma
#60 · Posted: 6 May 2009 19:00
1) The Red Sea Sharks
2) The Moon adventures (I just can't choose between them!)
3) Tintin and the Picaros

The Shooting Star just missed the top three... but it's a seriously hard decision to make! And now I feel really bad for leaving out Unicorn and Treasure.

Page  Page 6 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!