Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin-Citroen connection

tintinesque
#1 · Posted: 11 Aug 2004 18:16
Did you know Hergé did a ton of advertisment for Citroen?

Check it out here:

Link removed

Moderator Note: Thank you for your enthusiasm, but the site to which you link also carries links to other sites and content which Tintinologist.org cannot guarantee the legality of, so the link has been removed.

The Tintinologist Team
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 12 Aug 2004 04:04
Yeah, I've seen that site before. Its very interesting but some of the info in incorrect. Check this quote from the site out:

'The peak was in mid-80's, when Hergé produced 4 brochures for Citroën. The "Aventures de la 2CV" appeared in France, Belgium, Great Britain, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland and Austria. In 1985, Hergé did a calendar for Citroën.'

Herge died in 1983, how could he have produced those brochures and the calendar? It must have been done earlier by Herge or maybe Bob de Moor even did it?
Who knows?
marsbar
#3 · Posted: 12 Aug 2004 05:10
I think the ads were created by Bob de Moor and the folks at Studio Herge. The Studio closed in 1987.
- marsbar
derdup
#4 · Posted: 27 Jul 2009 08:26
Re: The previous discussion...

Here is a link to a page featuring the wonderful illustrations made for the Citroen Calendar (1985?).

Link removed

They sure look like Herge's work to me.

-Harry-

Moderator Note: As with the previous site noted above, the content of the site to which you linked does not meet the standards of legality which Tintinologist.org has to maintain, and the link has had to be removed.

The Tintinologist Team

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!