Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

The "I always thought" thread...

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 30 May 2008 15:32
This is a thread for stuff in Tintin you thought was differnt to you realised it wasnt.

I always thought that, in Destination Moon, when they control the test-run rocket, well I always thought they were actualy inside the rocket that blew up.

Whenever I thought about this, I'd ask myself, "Why didn't they die in the explosion?"

Then I learned a few years later that they were controlling the rocket remotely, from the ground!
NikkiRoux
#2 · Posted: 14 Dec 2008 09:06
I always thought Captain Haddock had been with Tintin ever since the beginning of the series, until I went and did some research.
snowybella
#3 · Posted: 28 Nov 2018 02:08
I always thought that in The Shooting Star, Tintin really meant that, on page 13 frame 3, the brick and the water really was what he said it was - the meteorite and the Arctic Ocean!
Rocky
#4 · Posted: 30 Nov 2018 12:04
When I was a child I read paperback Tintin books. I knew hardbacks existed because of the publishing information in the paperbacks. Until I was older, I always thought the hardbacks were text only, with no illustrations of the story!
Shivam302001
#5 · Posted: 3 Dec 2018 02:53
In the Castafiore Emerald, when Wagner had sneaked out of Marlinspike Hall without telling anyone, Tintin noticed him cycling away to the village. As Tintin threaded his way back to Marlinspike Hall, he said,
'Now we will be spared that piano for a change.'

I always thought that Tintin wanted to play the piano for a change! Well, that is until fellow member snowybella pointed me in the right direction saying Tintin was just talking about the respite from hearing Wagner's ardous practise for the umpteenth time.

And yes, I always thought that Tintin and the Captain knew each other from the beginning, until I learned it was not so.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!