Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Would you sell your Tintin books if you got tired of them

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

tintinmob
#1 · Posted: 30 Aug 2004 00:17
Not that i want any i already own the whole series including, et l'Alph-art, congo, and land of the soviets. But if you got tired of them would you sell on ebay or something like that.

Thanks, tintinmob :)
germ
#2 · Posted: 31 Aug 2004 05:12
Never!!

Its the great thing about Tintin is that you can read them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again without getting bored with them!!

Each time you read them, you get something else out of them that you havnt before!!
jock123
#3 · Posted: 31 Aug 2004 07:04
If I got tired of them, then why not? Thing is, I can’t imagine it happening…!

Actually, I’d probably give them to a niece or nephew, or some other young reader who could enjoy the adventure.
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 31 Aug 2004 10:07
Perhaps I would sell my super-rare stuff if the money was right and I needed it badly, but a lot of the stuff I haven't read in years, I don't remember the last time I used my Tintin Games Book but i'd never dream of parting with it

Rik
admin
Administrator
#5 · Posted: 31 Aug 2004 11:50
Posts relating to the Tintin Games Book have been moved to the Tintin Collectibles forum, see 'Tintin Games Book'.
jayesh_gokhale
#6 · Posted: 31 Aug 2004 15:16
Anybody who has collected all the books of Tintin has definetly hung on to it. And while one may get bored with one book if he reads it again and again, the book will not be boring after a month or two.

The beauty of Tintin is that each adventure is so totally different and in a totally different environment that you can go on reading 1 to 21 and back every day, there is no chance of you being bored.

I would NEVER dream of selling even the "most boring" book of Tintin (may probably lend it to younger kids but make sure to get them back)

TINTIN RULES!!!
Tintinrulz
#7 · Posted: 2 Sep 2004 01:57
I don't really believe I will ever tire of Tintin but if I did (which won't happen) I wouldn't sell my Tintin's I would give them to someone I know who may enjoy them (age doesn't matter obviously).
germ
#8 · Posted: 2 Sep 2004 03:27
I dont think I would ever give them to someone else.
The Reason???

Someones treasures are the never the same treasures to another person!! Ill be scared that they will sell them just for a quick buck!!!
jockosjungle
#9 · Posted: 2 Sep 2004 09:21
I agree with Germ, I'd never even lend my Tintin books as I know people wouldn't take care of them as well as me.

Rik
Tintinrulz
#10 · Posted: 2 Sep 2004 09:49
I'm very careful about people borrowing my novels and other books and Tintin comics even more so! Some people are so rough with books.

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!