Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Hergé: His instructions not to continue Tintin?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Adventurous Doryphore
#21 · Posted: 2 Jan 2012 04:14
Spielberg has had the rights to do what he wants with Tintin for years. Even so he himself talked about how Moulinsart was constantly in contact with them, making sure that none of the characters did anything that was clearly out of character judged by Herge's works. Somehow they let Sakharine slide (I never had a problem with him though myself), but for the most part the movie tried to stay very true to the characters, as well as much of the story and the artwork. Herge himself thought Spielberg would make an excellent director for a Tintin movie. A better question is whether or not Herge would be happy with Peter Jackson directing the next film. But Spielberg is still actively involved in the project, and Peter was a huge part of Tintin 1, and the paperwork with Moulinsart is all worked out or will be I'm sure, so I seriously doubt this will be an issue.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!