Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Will Tintin ever go out of style?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

tintinmob
#1 · Posted: 9 Sep 2004 22:45
Not that i will never not like it, but will other people/websites/book shops/ect. start not selling or keep going on about them.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 00:10
I think it is inevitable…

…the heat-death of the universe will see to that!
OJG
#3 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 12:04
Trends come and go. I wasn't aware that Tintin is widely in style now, but who cares? There will always be some people, like us, who are into it.
skut
#4 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 18:09
I think the statistic is that every 17 seconds, a Tintin book is sold somewhere in the world. I don't think you can say the same for Smurfs books...
finlay
#5 · Posted: 12 Sep 2004 13:29
The Smurfs have books? I thought they were just a TV series...

Tintin certainly shouldn't ever go out of style.
Although his clothes in Tintin and the Picaros certainly have, while his plus-fours are more timeless.
thompson with a p as in psychology
#6 · Posted: 25 Oct 2004 13:46
Not for me.I definitley prefur the plus-fours,old-fashioned styles, cars,et cetera of the Tintin books.It makes them much more interesting and,I find,at least,gives a very pleasant atmosphere/ style to the adventures.It's also interesting to learn about life and what everything was like and so on in the 30s to 60s.I don't care if Tintin goes out of style-I'll still read the books.
Martine
#7 · Posted: 25 Oct 2004 13:59
Well, now I'm not so sure. Years ago finding a Tintin book here was pretty easy but now it's impossible. So I think at least in certain markets, it has been disappearing.
jockosjungle
#8 · Posted: 25 Oct 2004 16:07
I wouldn't say he was ever actually in style since in England in a long time. Lots of people like him and have read the books at one time, but he's not exactly what everyone is talking about in the streets.

Rik
BlueBlisteringBarnacles
#9 · Posted: 26 Oct 2004 09:30
I would say that he is probably more famous with our age range (seeing that many people are in 20's and above bracket). He is still staple library stuff though, so I should think that kids who use libraries will know of him.

The only problem may lie in the world changing too much from tintin's own, with no computers or mobile phones in tintin. Still think of the popularity of Indiana Jones...
JasonD
#10 · Posted: 26 Oct 2004 12:35
Given TinTin's appeal to a wide age range and for a host of different reasons I cannot envisage him ever going out of fashion. Herge's work is the very epitome of cartoon artwork, in that it is beautifully crafted and intensely human.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!