Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Songs that fit the characters in Tintin?

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

doubleT
#11 · Posted: 11 Aug 2010 03:48 · Edited by: doubleT
I got a couple more suggestions

Captain Haddock:"Animal I have become"by Three Days Grace
The Thompsons:"I write sins not tragedies"by Panic at the Disco

I don't know why that one for the Thompsons, but the lyrics somehow just sounded appropriate:)
Cutts_The_Butcher
#12 · Posted: 17 Aug 2010 23:36
"La Fee Clochette" by Polo suits Tintin for some reason. The lyrics are completely irrelevant but the sound fits
Cutts_The_Butcher
#13 · Posted: 21 Aug 2010 07:38
also, "Cruel Mistress" by Flogging Molly fits Captain Haddock
Aileea
#14 · Posted: 13 Jan 2012 22:23
Now that I heard "Bottoms up" by Nickelback today, I can´t help but think it truly fits Captain Haddock. The lyrics even mention whisky.
rose_of_pollux
#15 · Posted: 14 Jan 2012 01:04
Ever since I saw the new movie, I've made a music video in my head of it to Simon & Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence." I'd elaborate, but that would mean movie spoilers...

I also feel that parts of "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables are an accurate assessment of how the Captain regards Tintin ("He's like the son I might have known/If God had granted me a son..."). At least, that's my view; I've felt that, particularly from the Inca duology and onwards, that the Captain took on more of a fatherly role to Tintin, what with opening up Marlinspike Hall to him and unflinchingly following him to wherever in the world Tintin ended up...
Tintinrulz
#16 · Posted: 14 Jan 2012 04:40
Hmm... personally I think Tintin plays more of a fatherly role to Captain Haddock, despite him being the older one.
Aileea
#17 · Posted: 22 Jan 2012 20:05
I even found a song for Haddock´s ancestor Sir Francis Haddock: "New Horizons" by Serenity. It´s about Sir Francis ;) Drake but also fits Archie´s ancestor.
tintinsgf
#18 · Posted: 23 Jan 2012 02:22 · Edited by: tintinsgf
I think "One More Time, One More Chance" by Yoshizaki Masayoshi fits for Tintin and Chang's friendship. Although the lyrics tells the story of never-happened rendezvous, the melancholic melodies somehow fits the time when Tintin rescued Chang at Tibet.

And for the whole adventure (and specifically Tintin's life), I think Gun's & Roses from Paradise Lunch is a perfect fit ;).
minamikousaka
#19 · Posted: 4 Feb 2012 01:16
Fan by K-Hip Hop (Korean Hip Hop) group Epik High is the other song that fits most of Tintin's adventures, despite the song being Korean.
dreamgirl
#20 · Posted: 5 Jul 2012 07:21 · Edited by: Moderator
I think a K-pop song where the music fits Tintin’s adventures well is Before the Dawn by Infinite.
If not K-pop then it’s Jessie J.'s Do it Like a Dude

By the way , hi ! I’m new…!

Moderator Note: Hello, and welcome! We do ask that members try and stick to standard English grammar, so it’s easier to understand what has been written - this includes using upper- and lower-case letters. Your message has been edited accordingly.

Also you might need to explain that, for those not familiar with the pop scene around the world, “K-pop” is Korean pop music; you might also like to let people know why you think these tracks you suggest seem to be associated with Tintin!

The Happy Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!