Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: Why do characters not seem to age?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Aldora
#21 · Posted: 9 Mar 2005 01:58
I always thought of it that one book ended and the next adventure started only a week or so after.
Note how Destination Moon started right after Land of the Black Gold (at least, I think it did from memory).
When I found out that Hergé wrote the books over a series of years, it didn't change my view.
The fact that Tintin in Congo (I heaven't read Tintin in the Land of the Soviets) looked very different to Tintin and the Picaros, was for the simple reason that Hergé's art skills were improving over the years.
But that could just be me...?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#22 · Posted: 9 Mar 2005 14:00
Destination Moon started right after Land of the Black Gold (at least, I think it did from memory)

Almost... there was a gap of five weeks, but this was one of the lesser gaps between stories in Tintin magazine.

Ed
Karaboudjan
#23 · Posted: 13 Mar 2005 21:53
But does time in the Tintinverse necessarily reflect/echo real time?
rastapopoulos
#24 · Posted: 14 Mar 2005 15:54
But does time in the Tintinverse necessarily reflect/echo real time?

Yeah! What about when Black Island gets updated and thrown into the future, with contemporary (to the Sixties) fire engines and suchlike?
dreamgirl
#25 · Posted: 7 Jul 2012 09:35
Tintin does age a little...
Look at the difference between Cigars of the Pharaoh and Tintin and the Picaros...
He seems a bit adult looking in Picaros...
TintinRebecka
#26 · Posted: 7 Jul 2012 16:07
Hergé said in an interview with Jacques Chancel, that Tintin was 14 years old at the beginning, and 17 at the end... ;-)

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!