Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

When does copyright over Tintin expire?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

theone
#21 · Posted: 16 Oct 2004 23:33
Well I think what Herge said about Tintin was right - mostly. Tintin was his biggest achievement and after all those years he probably felt like he knew Tintin personally and it had become part of him - I could understand why he wouldn't want other people to try and redraw it. If only Herge had had an apprentice or something who learned from him ;)
finlay
#22 · Posted: 24 Oct 2004 12:15
I still don't understand why things like wallpapers, which have nothing to do with creating new albums or anything, are considered illegal.
jockosjungle
#23 · Posted: 24 Oct 2004 13:37
To be honest Finlay, neither do I. Has there ever been a Tintin CD-Rom with multimedia stuff like wallpapers on it, or is one pencilled in for the future?

Rik
Jyrki21
#24 · Posted: 24 Oct 2004 17:13
finlay:I still don't understand why things like wallpapers, which have nothing to do with creating new albums or anything, are considered illegal.

Under every common law regime (and I can only imagine the civil ones too), the Copyright Act states that it is a contravention of the Act to "reproduce" a work unless you're its author.

Unless Moulinsart licenses you to do so, donwloading a wallpaper is, in theory, reproduction and a form of infringement. Of course, Moulinsart will never know, so... :)

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

This topic is closed.