Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Does anyone know what Tintin's overall body size is?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

NikkiRoux
#11 · Posted: 16 Dec 2011 07:03
I'm not sure if this would count, because Soviets is not considered canon by many, but there was a scene in Soviets in which Tintin is shown in a singlet. He appears to be skinny with slender but muscular arms. I guess he could be called wiry.
skater95
#12 · Posted: 20 Feb 2012 02:17
He definitely is on the small side, look at any picture of him next to Abdullah. Tintin is not that much bigger than him but Abullah's only six! He does appear to be pretty muscular though, and very agile like someone mentioned before.
jock123
#13 · Posted: 20 Feb 2012 12:39
NikkiRoux:
because Soviets is not considered canon by many

That's a very odd statement – why would it not be canon? And why "many"? How was the survey done?
I've never seen anything to say that, since it's re-release in 1989 it isn't any more or less accepted as canon, and since it was re-re-released in the uniform binding with the glossy cover and perfect binding it's definitely part of the regular series! But that's drifting off, although it might make an interesting independent thread some time.
To get back on topic, I think the suggestion by mct16 that Jean-Pierre Talbot is pretty good as an indicator of what a real-life Tintin could look like.
However, to rainise I'd suggest that using a cartoon character as a goal for your body-shape and condition is not the best way to go: as far as can be told Hergé didn't bother to see if Tintin as he drew him, and the physiology and physics added up, so to look like Tintin does doesn't mean that you could perform physically as he does.
You also can't control how your height, build, weight and health would work towards getting a shape like Tintin has, and to try to do so might in fact be unhealthy for you.
It would seem more sensible to take advice on healthy exercise and diet, appropriate to you, and to seek the guidence of a sports-teacher, or someone at a gym, to see if you can work on your physique to a level which would give you good all-round fitness.
tuhatkauno
#14 · Posted: 20 Feb 2012 14:51
One could try to find things (in albums) that really exist and compare them with Tintin. I mean frames where Tintin is standing next to (sitting in) cars, machines, statues, buildings, animals ...
jock123
#15 · Posted: 20 Feb 2012 16:12
tuhatkauno:
One could try to find things (in albums) that really exist and compare them with Tintin.

We’ve been down that path before, and Balthazar is on stand-by to undertake the task with the office ruler outside the Hotel Cornavin, just as soon as the pesky grant cheque comes through… ;-)
tuhatkauno
#16 · Posted: 20 Feb 2012 17:45
I vaguely remembered this has been talked about years ago. Actually I participated the depate :-). Balthazar hasn't handled the task yet? Shame on him! Has anyone visited Hotel Cornavin? They must have redecorated the whole place, so it is too late to measure the revolving doors and lift doors.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!