Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Endpapers: Gallery of portraits on the inside covers of Tintin albums?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Ranko
#21 · Posted: 3 Dec 2011 18:19 · Edited by: Ranko
jock123:
Is this the order found in the 3-in-1 version

No. My Egmont 3-in-1's have:

A:Tintin and Zorrino
B:Tintin as a cowboy

This sequence is repeated on the Inside back cover (left and right)
There is an image of Coco however, but no shopkeeper.

And unless I'm very much mistaken the Egmont 3-in-1 gallery is a mirror image of my Methuens (Well, Tintin and the Picaros in this instance)
jock123
#22 · Posted: 27 Aug 2019 14:22 · Edited by: jock123
Reviving a quite old thread to say that I have finally put together a key and a guide to identify the portraits in the gallery on the endpapers; I think that it's got everybody, plus some notes about the alternate images in the Golden Press books, etc.
I've posted it to our Facebook page, where you can find it at the moment (and on our Twitter feed); I am sure that it will make its way to the site guides in due course!

UPDATE: The guide linked to above has been revised to reflect the fact that Mikael was quick to spot an error, correcting a mistake that I made earlier in the thread at the same time: the famous "missing" character who is present in the portrait gallery, but not actually found in the English-language books is Commandant Thorpe, not Lt. Edwards. Edwards is the subordinate officer who calls the commandant, and somewhere along the way the names got muddled.
Shivam302001
#23 · Posted: 28 Aug 2019 11:45
jock123
Good job, jock123! It is for the first time that I have seen such a guide based on the Tintin endpapers' gallery.
jock123
#24 · Posted: 29 Aug 2019 10:05
Shivam302001:
Good job, jock123!

Thanks! Yes, I think it fills a gap!
I'll be updating it again shortly, as a few more suggestions have come in to pin down some of the generic portraits to more specific identification (so Snowy in the crown, listed as generic, is of course from Tintin in the Congo - Mikael sorted me out on that one too!), and there is further info on variant page orders to add from Richard.
jock123
#25 · Posted: 1 Sep 2019 23:13 · Edited by: jock123
Just a slight thread bump to say I've done further updating to the guide, correcting it in places, adding more notes, including some possible attributions, and tweaking the layout.
I've uploaded version 3.2 to the Facebook page gallery.
Please feel free to enjoy! :-)

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!