Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Your least favourite Tintin book, and why?

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

calculite
#1 · Posted: 21 Dec 2011 23:39
Sorry for starting a potentially negative thread, but it would be interesting for people to list their least favorite Tintin comic.

There's already a Favorite Tintin Books thread, but most are top 10 books, so a lot of least favorites are not listed.

My least favorite Tintin comic is: Tintin in the Land of the Soviets.

Moderator Note: Let's make this thread as constructive as possible, by at least explaining why the album you choose is your least-favourite - that way, it opens things out for discussion.

The Tintinologist Team
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 22 Dec 2011 02:13
Tintin in the Congo.

Tintin in the Land of the Soviets is at least mildly entertaining, but Tintin in the Congo, while it has a few entertaining scenes, as a whole I find boring and incredibly racist.
Sweethrttuli
#3 · Posted: 22 Dec 2011 18:49
Tintin in the Congo - it's the least entertaining, and too long.

The Castafiore Emerald, though nice, was pretty bland.
GSC
#4 · Posted: 25 Dec 2011 01:00
Tintinrulz, I think Tintin in the Congo is okay - not the best, but still pretty good in my opinion.

Right now my least favourite Tintin book is Tintin in the Land of the Soviets - I know that I said that my least favourite book was Tintin in Tibet in the "Introduce Yourself" thread, but our favourites and least favourites can change, right?
Tintinrulz
#5 · Posted: 25 Dec 2011 09:01
Tintin in Tibet? That I don't understand, GSC.
The art, writing, characters are superb! It's an amazing story of friendship and sacrifice: the pinnacle of Hergé's Tintin adventures!
rodney
#6 · Posted: 25 Dec 2011 09:34
GSC:
I think Tintin in the Congo is okay - not the best, but still pretty good

Just out of interest could I ask why? Just wondering as many people rate it as quite a poor adventure in comparison to other works.
I would like to hear what parts you liked in this?

GSC:
know I said my least favourite book was Tintin in Tibet in the "Introduce Yourself" thread, but our favourites and least favourites can change, right?

I hope your opinion has changed with this!! Do you enjoy the tale more so now?
Again I'd like to know why you do/did dislike the adventure? Is it because it's not a standard action/adventure tale with the token villain featuring?
Is it too sentimental and seems out of place with the other more action packed adventures?

Or are you simply making a sly joke to all of us ;)

By the way, Merry Christmas everyone!! :)
tuhatkauno
#7 · Posted: 25 Dec 2011 13:23
I draw the line between Broken Ear and Black Island.
The albums before Black Island are more or less "chewing gum", Lotus being the exception, although while not "chewing gum" I have never liked it as a story as much as I like Black Island and the albums after that.
GSC
#8 · Posted: 31 Dec 2011 20:09
rodney:
Do you enjoy the tale more so now?

Well, I like several parts of the book in particular, such as when Tintin goes lion hunting (p. 21-24), and when he's about to be eaten by crocodiles (p. 33), but I pretty much like the whole book.

About me liking Tintin in Tibet... Well, it's not my most favourite, but it's now one of my favourites.

And also about me making a sly joke of you guys... Now, why would I want to do that ;)
tintins mom
#9 · Posted: 1 Jan 2012 18:40
Red Rackham's Treasure.
The Secret of The Unicorn was good, but Red Rackham's Treasure did not strongly develop the story.
GSC
#10 · Posted: 1 Jan 2012 21:31
I think Red Rackham's Treasure is okay. It's pretty funny at times. Maybe it doesn't develop as much as The Secret of The Unicorn, but the plot is neat (at least in my opinion).

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!