Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Who wants a Tintin shop in Australia?

AngelofLight
#1 · Posted: 25 Jan 2012 04:21
I for one am so sick of having to buy online! It's incredibly hard to find merchandise here (especially in the smaller cities) and when you do, it's generally very expensive.

Any other Tintin fans living Down Under feel the same way?
glendale
#2 · Posted: 25 Jan 2012 05:23
Here here, I feel the same way all we have is the pink bear on line and they are over the top on prices to. Actually I emailed them asking to update their website as it was so far behind on information about the Tintin movie it was embarasing.
A good retail shop is what we need.
rodney
#3 · Posted: 25 Jan 2012 05:38
I think having a Tintin Shop in Sydney or Melbourne would serve a real purpose but I imagine the costs of running a venture would be very high and there may be some uncertainly about if the store would be financially viable..

The dream is still there however :)
Seven
#4 · Posted: 25 Jan 2012 08:02
AngelofLight
Haha like i said before i fully support what your saying(: It's ridiculous buying online, but i have really no other choice, there is always Dymocks bookstores however they charge exorbitant prices and don't sell specific merchandise. A Tintin shop would be wonderful, running it would be costly but regardless of wether its in my state or not id travel to see and shop in it! Hopefully one day!!
Fingers crossed.
AngelofLight
#5 · Posted: 25 Jan 2012 09:14
I've found an online shop with more reasonable prices:
http://www.minotaur.com.au

I can't believe how much support has come already!!! The dream is alive, everyone :)
jock123
#6 · Posted: 25 Jan 2012 10:23
AngelofLight:
I've found an online shop with more reasonable prices:

It has to be said, that from a quick look down the list many items are the same price on both on-line shops – the PVC figures are AU$9.99, the cars are AU$44.99, etc.

It’s also probably worth pointing out that merchandise in existing Tintin Shops is not cheap – in fact they exist to supply the “boutique” end of the market, with high-priced collectibles and clothing; the ones in London and Brussels are notable for how expensive things are, and it is usually possible to find things likes books and DVDs far cheaper through normal retailers.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!