Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Image Identification: Where does Snowy groom himself?

Harry Hayfield
#1 · Posted: 4 Mar 2012 11:48
A friend of mine has an image which shows Snowy giving himself a good brushing and grooming. I would like to know when this preening happens.

Could someone suggest where it comes from?

Moderator Note: Messeage edited for content, to remove information about where the image has been uploaded and how to find it. While your decision to post a direct link was obviously correct, it comes to nothing if you then say where the image is hosted, and under what title it can be found there.
Balthazar
#2 · Posted: 4 Mar 2012 12:18
Harry Hayfield:
... but fear that if I post the picture, I might fall foul of something.

You're right that posting it or giving a link isn't a good idea. If it's a frame from one of the books, you/we/your friend don't have permission to publish it on the web, and although publishing a singe picture from a book for purposes of academic discussion or a book review or suchlike would often be counted as a "fair use" exemption, Moulinsart (who administer Hergé's literary estate) tend to be on the strict side in their interpretation of that rather unspecified concept. And if it's a piece of unauthorised fan art or pastiche art, posting it (or linking to it) is also likely to fall foul of copyright law. So thanks for not doing so.

If it is a frame from one of the books, I think someone will identify it fom your description. Snowy brushing himself maybe rings a slight bell in my memory, but only a very faint one. Maybe it's from Soviets or Congo: books which aren't as imbedded in my memory from childhood onwards!
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 4 Mar 2012 13:27
Yes, Snowy preens himself in the last few pages of Soviets for their homecoming. He's rather vain in Soviets and Congo.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!