Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Bianca Castafiore: Annoying or nice?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

kygoober16
#1 · Posted: 5 Mar 2012 05:58
Bianca Castafiore is often annoying but can also be nice.

I mean, I hate how she gets Haddock’s name wrong, but she can also be kind.

I can’t decide, can you?
tuhatkauno
#2 · Posted: 5 Mar 2012 12:11
Te adoro Bianca.
mct16
#3 · Posted: 5 Mar 2012 12:45
She is certainly brave: look at the way she hides Tintin and Haddock in her dressing room in "Calculus Affair" and handles Sponsz; or her defiant attitude towards the prosecutor in "Picaros".

On the other hand, I for one do not think much of the way she invites herself to Marlinspike in "Emerald", along with her entourage, has a piano moved in, reporters and a whole TV crew, not to mention the way she pushes Haddock into wearing suits and ties. No wonder his nerves are on edge for much of the story. If anything it's Haddock who's too nice for his own good.
PrincessGenevieve
#4 · Posted: 5 Mar 2012 16:13
I agree with mct16, it was really nice of Haddock to let her move in the piano etc.!

I find her hilarious, especially when Haddock hears her on the radio when they’re on the mountain in Tintin in Tibet!
tintinsgf
#5 · Posted: 5 Mar 2012 17:43
Castafiore is a nice lady, except when she is near Haddock, she tends to push him around (even unintentionally), which pushes Haddock to the verge of his nerves. I used to think that she is annoying, but now that I realize all her deeds for saving Tintin and Haddock from the enemy, I truly recognize her as a nice lady. Besides, if she behaves in an annoying way, I think she doesn't actually even intend to do it!
Jelsemium
#6 · Posted: 6 Mar 2012 18:25
I think Bianca is both nice and annoying, depending on the situation.

She gave Tintin a ride in "King Ottokar's Sceptre" and offered to sing for him (a lot of professional singers save their voices for performances).

She brought gifts for Tintin and Haddock when she barged in on them.

She was fiercely protective of Irma when the detectives accused Irma of stealing.

And yes, she has a lot of flaws - never getting people's names right, she barges in on people uninvited, etc.

Nobody's perfect.
tintinsgf
#7 · Posted: 7 Mar 2012 11:59
I think all of her ridiculousness is something she is not aware at all (it's possible that she thinks it's just normal, but for us it's just normal of her). And it seems that she didn't catch a cue (annoyed feeling) from other people around her. I think it rather makes sense why she stays behaving ridiculous from time to time, if these assumption hold true though. :)
kygoober16
#8 · Posted: 7 Mar 2012 18:54
I just want to see if people like her or not. My sis hates her. I don't know why but she does. :(
tuhatkauno
#9 · Posted: 7 Mar 2012 19:49
Bianca is a diva i.e. goddess. It is not goddess' task to remember everybody's names or mind other's scedules. She behaves exactly how goddess behaves, the focus is on her. Herge has done perfect work with Bianca, that's why she is adorable as a character.
Archie Haddock
#10 · Posted: 25 Mar 2012 02:20
Billions of Blistering Blue Barnacles! A billions of times, she's more annoying than flying in an aeroplane!! (Not to mention her singing!)
-Archie

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!