Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Your favourite Tintin page?

dupont804
#1 · Posted: 17 Apr 2013 21:45
Hi, what page in the entire series of Tintin do you like the most? There are many pages I like, but my vote has to go to page 13 of "The Calculus Affair", mainly because of the final panel of that page. It is very exciting and I remember staring at that page for ages when I was young!

I can't find this thread anywhere...but if it is, sorry!
Tintin3415
#2 · Posted: 18 Apr 2013 04:44
I have two favorite pages, pages 50 and 51 of the Calculus Affair. I thought those pages were hilarious.
(I have the smaller book so I'm not sure if the page numbers are the same)
mct16
#3 · Posted: 18 Apr 2013 13:28
Would it be possible to know the scenes on those pages? Some of us do not have our copies of the books on us right now, so having details would be helpful.
dupont804
#4 · Posted: 18 Apr 2013 18:28
Tintin3415:
have the smaller book so I'm not sure if the page numbers are the same

In the orginal books, they are pages 48-49
mct16:
Would it be possible to know the scenes on those pages?

It is the scene where the Thompson twins promise not to tell anybody about the 'mysterious happenings' at Marlinspike Hall, and the next day crowds of people surrond the chateau! Quick and Flupke, Jolyon Wagg and even Hergé himself are in the crowd!
50 Spann
#5 · Posted: 20 Apr 2013 21:22
Page 22 of The Blue Lotus, which shows the aftermath of the railway incident, is fantastic.
rodney
#6 · Posted: 23 Apr 2013 01:42
Without doubt the events leading up to Tintin and Snowy's jump from the bridge when the brakes fail in Prisoners of the Sun. Very thrilling!

The Ellipse/Nelvana animated opening-sequence captures this perfectly too in my opinion.

I often wonder would Tintin and Snowy have been worse off if they jumped when the Captain did? Would they have been worse off?

I know it’s comics, but surely there would have been some serious injuries here?

I also do love the page leading up to Tintin and Snowy approaching the Black Island; it certainly sets a sense of forbidding and is quite creepy.

To have this effect in broad daylight is quite an achievement in my opinion.
mct16
#7 · Posted: 23 Apr 2013 13:05
If Tintin had jumped at the same time as Haddock then he should have been fine. It's because he was delayed fetching Snowy that the train speeded up and thus he could not risk jumping on to the hard ground.

Mind you, it has been pointed out that when Tintin jumps into the river, the height from which he goes from and the shallowness of the water would have meant him hitting the bottom and quite likely being seriously injured on impact. But then, this is comics.
jock123
#8 · Posted: 23 Apr 2013 15:05
mct16:
when Tintin jumps into the river, the height from which he goes from and the shallowness of the water would have meant him hitting the bottom and quite likely being seriously injured on impact.

Rather than drag this thread too far off topic, I have broken out the subject of the jump - which is food for thought - into a new thread:

Prisoners of The Sun: Could Tintin really survive the jump from the bridge?

Any speculation about the practicality of the scene can be made there!
hadtins
#9 · Posted: 31 Jan 2014 17:50
For me, the funniest page is no. 38 in The Calculus Affair, when the chaos is created in the marketplace, and there's a man who is actually holding on to a statue for his dear life. The reason for which it seems so funny is the way one of my friends started to describe what would happen after the car had passed.
FormulaFourteen
#10 · Posted: 2 Feb 2014 10:11
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned any of the splendid pages from Destination Moon! Sure, maybe it's a bit trite now, the moon rocket having become such a huge symbol of Tintin and Herge's artwork, but the reveal of the moon rocket standing in its gantries on page 42 right after Calculus's fury on the previous pages is in my opinion just perfect!

The pages from Flight 714 with the airplane and sticking plaster are marvelous as well.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!