Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

How has Tintin helped you?

hadtins
#1 · Posted: 28 Jan 2014 17:08
Hello and Good Day everyone.
I am not sure if this topic has been discussed before, but I should think that Tintin has helped everyone in some way or the other. For me, Tintin has improved my drawings, interest in studies(thank goodness, my mother doesn't scold me nowadays), interest in space, adventures, to say nothing of improving my vocabulary. I don't remember exactly how many times I've called people bashi-bazouks or sea gherkins:D
I'd like to read how Tintin's helped others.
Hadtins
mct16
#2 · Posted: 28 Jan 2014 20:25
Click here for a couple of examples of how Tintin helped some friends of mine
tintinlover
#3 · Posted: 25 Mar 2014 22:39
Tintin taught me how to stand on my own feet and find myself.
And I live in Iran in which people speak Farsi, but I love English more than my own Farsi.
He also helped me with my grammar and vocabulary, believe it or not.
He is a great friend of mine although it is funny to say, but I must admit it! :-)
MT50446
#4 · Posted: 22 Aug 2014 17:10
If ever feeling down Tintin is always there to cheer me up – a constant life long companion.
youtin
#5 · Posted: 21 Oct 2014 05:01
Tintin greatly improved my vocabulary and spelling. English is my third language, and although we study English in school from a young age, my English fluency was leaps and bounds beyond that of my peers. I have been labeled as the "walking dictionary" at school.

Aside from that, reading Tintin made me want to visit other countries and learn new languages. In fact, I majored in Spanish in college because I thought Tintin was Spanish (in Crab with the Golden Claws, Haddock/Tintin asked while flying the plane: "Are you sure this is the way to Spain?" ). It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized he was Belgian, and that to read Tintin in the original, I had to learn French! I'm going to fulfill that dream, which is why I started learning French this past summer :)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!