Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

[Closed] “Hergé - Chronologie d'une oeuvre”: Available in English?

retromags
#1 · Posted: 19 Jan 2005 13:52
Does anyone know if there are any plans to have the excellent Chronologie books translated into English?

Also does anyone know how many volumes there will be in the series? (We're up to 5 at the moment and there is still about another 30 or 40 years to go!)

Thanks
thmthm
#2 · Posted: 20 Jan 2005 00:42
If I were to make a bet, probably not...but if they did, they would probably be astronomically expensive due to a limited publication(sort of like the tintin & reporters english version)
I dont care if they released them in Swahili, these books are incredible and worth every penny
mortgage the house, sell the family heirlooms, do whatever you need to get these beauties...
so do you have them all in french and are going to have to trade them into english if they did?
retromags
#3 · Posted: 20 Jan 2005 13:02
so do you have them all in french and are going to have to trade them into english if they did?

I do have them all in French but I doubt I would trade them, I'd probably have to buy the English versions as well! It'd be a shame if they weren't translated as there is so much info in there and my French ain't too good - I guess I'll just have to brush up on my French instead.
Frankymole
#4 · Posted: 20 Jan 2005 13:26
What sort of information do they contain? I've never heard of them, but if they're very illuminating I may get the French versions.
Harrock n roll
#5 · Posted: 20 Jan 2005 14:01 · Edited by: Harrock n roll
Frankymole:
What sort of information do they contain? I've never heard of them, but if they're very illuminating I may get the French versions.

As admin noted just earlier it's better to do a search before posting a question so we don't end up with countless threads discussing the same thing.

You might try this thread Hergé: Chronologie d'une oeuvre and this one Herge: Chronologie d'une Oeuvre volume 5 for some answers.

Back on topic I'd say it was unlikely that we will get the Chronologie books in English. Perhaps they'll make a limited print run for Hergé's 100 anniversary in 2007?

And I think there are plans for more as long as there's a market for them. It certainly will make for a fantastic collection when it's complete!

This topic is closed.