Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Characters inspired by real people?

Roger
#1 · Posted: 20 Feb 2017 19:07
Jock123 kindly pointed out to me that Red Rackham was inspired by three real people.
So that got me wondering which, if any other Tintin characters are known to have been inspired by real people? It strikes me that some of Hergé's characters are caricatures (sorry for the alliteration!), but are there any that are specifically inspired by real people?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 20 Feb 2017 22:29 · Edited by: jock123
Roger:
which, if any other Tintin characters are known to have been inspired by real people?

You'll find that many have already been identified and noted; if you take a look at our character guide, we have listed them wherever possible.
There are also threads for some of them, plus a guide to cameos by Hergé and his friends and colleagues, when he roped them in as models for his drawings, plus the appearance of his fictional characters across series.
Perhaps you will find some new ones for us? Good hunting! :-)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!