Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

St.Valentine's Day: Who make the best couple in "The Adventures of Tintin"?

Shivam302001
#1 · Posted: 14 Feb 2019 08:27
Well, today is Valentine's Day and another occasion for the Professor to gift Signora Castafiore a bouquet of Bianca roses.

Which couple stands out in The Adventures of Tintin?

For me, that would certainly be the Captain and the Signora, though I am sure the Captain would deny it furiously - don't tell him!

Another one would be Alcazar and Peggy. Alcazar may be a hen-pecked husband, but he does love Peggy. And as for Peggy herself, I daresay, the Professor can term it better.

And Tintin and...

P.S. Did you notice Snowy's attempt to approach the dog named Chang in Tibet and the Signora's poodle in Alph-Art? He seems to be the only one trying to find true love except our Professor.
RicardoOlcese
#2 · Posted: 14 Feb 2019 21:34
Bianca+Calculus would do a better couple than Bianca+Archibald.

Rastapopoulos+some rich woman who was partying on his yatch (Red Sea Sharks).

Tintin would never marry and settle. He does need to be free to rescue the world from its enemies.

Oh! Irma+Wagner? That would be nice.
Shivam302001
#3 · Posted: 15 Feb 2019 13:47
RicardoOlcese

I say, a deaf professor (oh, I'm sorry, partially deaf) and an opera singer? A match made in heaven.

But I do rather believe the Captain could fit in alright as well. And just so you know, I'm not getting paid by Paris-Flash.
mct16
#4 · Posted: 15 Feb 2019 19:21
How about Lazlo Carreidas and Bianca Castafiore? Herge once drew a picture of them having tea at Marlinspike and they looked very sweet.
RicardoOlcese
#5 · Posted: 15 Feb 2019 23:33
mct16
I have never seen that picture! Are you sure it was tea? If Carreidas was drinking, it should have been SaniCola.

Carreidas+Castafiore = Onassis+Callas?
mct16
#6 · Posted: 16 Feb 2019 19:57
I do not quite recall where I saw it - it was some years ago - but it does exist and I recall steam coming out of Carreidas' cup, so I doubt if it was a soft drink.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!