Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Hotels where Tintin & friends have stayed

RicardoOlcese
#1 · Posted: 25 Feb 2019 19:00
Calculus Affair:
- Hotel Cornavin, Geneva, p. 16-17. It's a real hotel! And it looks just like Hergé depicted it.
- Hotel Sznôrr, Szohôd, p. 47. Obviously imaginary, I suppose...

Red Sea Sharks:
- Hotel Bristol, Brussels, p. 2. And it might also be real! Hotel Bristol Stephanie, Brussels?
- Hotel Excelsior, Brussels, p. 10. Is it the current Hotel Metropole, Brussels?

Temple of the Sun:
- Hotel Cristóbal Colón, El Callao, Perú, p. 3. There is a Colón Hotel in Lima, but in Miraflores, and it's a new one (I stayed there last year, before I became interested in Tintin). There is also a Cristóbal Colón Hotel in La Serena, Chile, which resembles a bit the one Hergé imagines, particularly for its red façade.

Could you spot/remember any other hotel?
snowybella
#2 · Posted: 26 Feb 2019 01:34 · Edited by: snowybella
America:
-Hotel Osborne, Chicago (named on pages 1-2)

Picaros:
-Unnamed hotel, unnamed city in Tapiocapolis (page 17?) (this is off my memory; it probably has a name!)
RicardoOlcese
#3 · Posted: 26 Feb 2019 02:10 · Edited by: Moderator
snowybella
Excelent info! Kumawo! I found a thread about the Osborne Hotel.

About Picaros, I believe it's a state-owned villa right outside the city, rather than a normal hotel.

Moderator Note: Regular reminder - it always pays to do a forum search before posting, to reduce duplication of effort! There is a list of hotels in the Brands in Tintin thread and guide list.

There is also a thread about the Cornavin here.

The Tidy Tintinologist Team

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!