Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: his sexuality

Page  Page 2 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 

MoonRocket
#11 · Posted: 1 Mar 2005 15:12
Madamluna, I was thinking the exact same thing -- why the lack of Tintin slash? Heck, FanFiction.Net has nothing (amazing, considering the amount of Archie... as in Archie and Friends... slash). And a further search on google reveals no fanart. Maybe Tintin fans are respectable? Or maybe, just maybe, these fans are happy enough with their Gundam Wing and Final Fantasy slash fics and fanart...
snafu
#12 · Posted: 1 Mar 2005 21:54
you'd think that someone would bother speculating on Tintin/Haddock or something, considering that they sleep and live in the same place and are inseperable.

Calculus also basically lives around Marlinspike. So are people speculating on three-way relationships? No, this close friendship has the feeling of a family without anything dirty...

Anyway, Tintin is hard to put into a box. He can actually be so many different people and can represent what even more people have gone through. Whether or not Tintin has any sexual orientations is essentially not relevant because it would not have changed the course of his actions in ALL of the adventures.
Madamluna
#13 · Posted: 1 Mar 2005 23:44
And a further search on google reveals no fanart. Maybe Tintin fans are respectable?

Actually, I did find a Rocky Horror-esque something on Google Images (looked like a book cover or something) that seemed to be a homosexual-themed Tintin parody, but the link to it was broken. Guess that's the closest we'll ever get to a slash fancomic.

Also, I support/write slash in general and I don't want to get ostracized in one of the few--the only?--English Tintin forum on the internet. I know a lot of it is absolutely ludicrous, but it's really just a genre. Some of it has well written stories, some badly written. Aren't Tintin fans respectable simply because of the fact that they like Tintin?
MoonRocket
#14 · Posted: 2 Mar 2005 00:31
Also, I support/write slash in general and I don't want to get ostracized in one of the few--the only?--English Tintin forum on the internet. I know a lot of it is absolutely ludicrous, but it's really just a genre. Some of it has well written stories, some badly written. Aren't Tintin fans respectable simply because of the fact that they like Tintin?

Yeah, I support and write slash, too... And, yes, a lot of it is outrageous. I for one really dislike RPS (real person slash)... it's just relatively creepy. The thing with Tintin is that in all his adventures, he's so sexless; there's no romance whatsoever, not even a mention of it, and I think that's what put slash-writers off. It's hard to write slash about someone -- Tintin -- when there is not the slightest bit of romance in any of the stories.

Ack. People just don't understand writers of slash fiction. Oh well.
jockosjungle
#15 · Posted: 2 Mar 2005 08:46
Calculus also basically lives around Marlinspike. So are people speculating on three-way relationships? No, this close friendship has the feeling of a family without anything dirty...

Don't forget Nestor as well!

Rik
tybaltstone
#16 · Posted: 2 Mar 2005 09:44
<ignorance> What is slash? </ignorance>
Harrock n roll
#17 · Posted: 2 Mar 2005 10:03
According to the urban dictionary:

Word used in fanfiction to denote homosexual pairings. Usually male/male, sometimes female/female AKA femmeslash.

So “slash” refers to the forward slash between the 2 characters concerned, e.g. Kirk/Spock, Tintin/Haddock, etc.
tybaltstone
#18 · Posted: 2 Mar 2005 12:34
<blush!>
snafu
#19 · Posted: 3 Mar 2005 04:14
Don't forget Nestor as well!

Nestor may listen into the activities of the core group of Tintin friends (Tintin, Captain Haddock, the Thompsons, Calculus), but he is not really part of that group. Nestor was never deeply involved in the adventures, except for, of course, in "The Castafiore Emerald", which took part in Marlinspike Hall.
rastapopoulos
#20 · Posted: 3 Mar 2005 10:43
The mind boggles! At least we know that our be-quiffed hero is not being singled out.
I will never be able to read or watch anything again without a suspicious mind.

Nestor was never deeply involved in the adventures

I belive Nestor is a part of the family, and if we're looking at subliminal Freud-esque comparisons, I would say he is a kind of "mother figure" to the group - alway faithful to the extreme, looks after the Tintin family, and will suffer without any thought.
An example of this is when Tintin and the Captain return to Marlinspike to find Nestor waif-like from Abdullahs antics.
Nestor is a character that can be completely trusted (even though he worked for the Bird brothers), and he's there at the end of an adventure, looking as if he's had it worse than the adventurers.

Also going back to the why Tintin lives with the captain, don't you think he has a right to the share of the treasure?
If it wasn't for Tintin, Haddock wouldn't have the Hall or any of the booty.
I mean the house is big enough for everyone (apart form the Waggs), maybe Tintin has his own annexe?. I reckon he's entitled to it - and the professor!

Page  Page 2 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!