Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Hergé: Rare English-language books

Page  Page 5 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

tintinrules
#41 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 21:07
I have seven

1.The Making of Tintin (Cigars of the Pharaoh/The Blue Lotus)
2. The Making of Tintin (The Secret of the Unicorn/Red Rackham's Treasure)
3. The Making of Tintin in the World of the Inca
4. The Making of Tintin: Mission to the Moon
5. Tintin in the Land of the Soviets
6. Tintin Travel Diaries: The Amazon
7. The Tintin Games Book

All of The Making of Tintin series are first edition.
jockosjungle
#42 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 21:28
I might as well wait for a further two books I want and go pick them up on the Eurostar!

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#43 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 21:30
Heh, it's a sorry state of affairs when you have to go to the country to go and pick them up ! I suppose Covent Garden's shop will probably get them in soon, though - although I wouldn't pass up a trip to France or Belgium!
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#44 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 22:45
The Tintin Shop had them (the Little Books of Peril and Travel) when I was last there in late January, and I hope to go back this Monday so will have another look then. From what I saw they appear to be aimed towards younger children, similar to the "Images in Action" books.

Ed
Richard
UK Correspondent
#45 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 22:47
They look a bit like those gift books you can get, like the Mr Men ones which seem to be quite popular. Any idea what's actually in them, and whether they'd be worth getting copies of ?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#46 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 22:53
Maybe I'll get a couple myself on Monday - there's not really enough room in there to stand and browse, so buying is probably the only option! (Interesting sales tactic...)

Ed
jockosjungle
#47 · Posted: 9 Mar 2005 09:08
I'll get my brother to pick me up a couple when he is in London next. Sad to say out of the list I have...

The Secret Ray
Tintin Games Book
Tintinologue
Pictures in Motion
Tintin at Sea (signed edition)

However due to the list I have been able to source a cheap copy of a few of the books and order some from the library! I have also read most of them

Rik
OJG
#48 · Posted: 9 Mar 2005 13:12
I don't have too many from the list, these being the only ones (I only collect Tintin stuff):-

The Tintin Games Book
Tintin Action Playbook(s) (or number 1 anyway)
Breaking Free: Novel (J Daniels)
Tintin and the World of Hergé
Tintinologue (I love that book!)

I have Soviets, but it's the Methuen edition and I don't think it's that rare. Also have Congo, but don't know which edition (it doesn't seem to say, but the date is listed as 1991). Can anyone tell me what the Sundancer editions are?

I'm not looking for all of the things on the list, but there are some that I would sure like!!
rastapopoulos
#49 · Posted: 9 Mar 2005 13:24
Can anyone tell me what the Sundancer editions are?

These were the first Black and white facsimiles translated into english, first published in the UK. I have both and the Congo is slightly bigger than the later Congo edition. If your Congo is 1991 it must be one of these.
OJG
#50 · Posted: 9 Mar 2005 18:02
Thanks Rastapopoulos. It's nice to know I have the valuable version. I expect the value will have decreased somewhat after I wrote my name in large, messy letters though. I was only about 8 at the time! I guess I'll have to become a famous moviestar or something!

UPDATE: I checked this morning and it is Sundancer edition. ("Art by Casterman, Tournai. Text by Sundancer, London.")

Page  Page 5 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!