Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Hergé: Rare English-language books

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Prince
#71 · Posted: 26 Sep 2010 23:22
Saw The Secret of the Unicorn Golden Press edition book getting sold on eBay just for a mere 15.50 US$.

Sheesh I stay in India and the guy who was selling it would not ship the book in India. If worldwide shipping option was there I would have made a higher bid and that book had been mine :( I dunno whether they are ever going to reprint those books
calculite
#72 · Posted: 8 Dec 2011 03:29
Another rare video is the Belvision Tintin episodes. I have all, but some are not in good condition. The only ones on DVD I have seen are Lake of Sharks, Temple of Sun, and Calculus Case all on one video. I have seen this on Amazon, only in PAL.

Moderator Note: Let’s be careful not to drift off topic here - this is a books, not videos thread!

The Happy Tintinologist Team
snowybella
#73 · Posted: 3 Mar 2017 04:56
I think "Long Live Progress", which is Quick and Flupke, is rare.
jock123
#74 · Posted: 3 Mar 2017 09:44
snowybella:
"Long Live Progress", which is Quick and Flupke, is rare.

I'm not certain how rare or otherwise the Indian Euro Book editions of Quick & Flupke are; they published the entire series, but don't seem to be available now - in fact, I can't find a page for the publisher at all under that name.
So they may all be equally rare now - or was Long Live Progress one that was rare even when they were in print?
Rocky
#75 · Posted: 3 Mar 2017 20:41
Long Live Progress was just one of the set when I bought it, no harder to get than the others.
snowybella
#76 · Posted: 18 Mar 2017 03:14
jockosjungle:
2. Popol Out West

In late September, it's going to be re-realeased so it won't be that rare anymore.
jock123
#77 · Posted: 18 Mar 2017 15:06
snowybella:
In late September, it's going to be re-released so it won't be that rare anymore.

Well, it will be a new edition with a new translation, so it won't actually replace the earlier book - that will remain "rare"...
number1fan
#78 · Posted: 23 Mar 2017 10:39
I have The making of Tintin in the Land of the Inca.

The book is an ex-library book with various wear and tear.They do pop up on Amazon or EBay from time to time but normally quite expensive.

Next time your local library has books for sale be sure to seek one of those rare books out.You could be in luck.
Shivam302001
#79 · Posted: 15 Sep 2018 14:15
Just a question out of curiosity:
Does the value of a rare book decrease if it is used and has scribblings on it and if so how much?
jock123
#80 · Posted: 15 Sep 2018 23:16
Shivam302001:
Does the value of a rare book decrease if it is used and has scribblings on it and if so how much?

Well certainly, yes - given the option, which would you buy, a damaged book, or one in good condition? Would you pay exactly the same for the damaged one as you would for the perfect one?

There's no way to predict what anything will sell for - it always depends on how much someone wants to have something - so there's no sensible means of saying any sort of measure as to how much damage reduces the value of something. How would you compose a formula to do so? A book without a cover may still be readable, so someone might pay for that aspect alone, but someone who is buying books for their covers may not be bothered by the fact that the pages are drawn on.

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!