Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Spanish "Tintin in Australia" ?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Richard
UK Correspondent
#1 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 20:18
Okay, the details I've got for this are unfortunately more than a little sketchy, but hopefully someone on here can help me out.

My grandparents recently came back from a holiday in Lanzarote, and said they saw a Tintin book there called "Australia". Apparently it's the same size as a normal Tintin album, hardback colour comic strip, and has a dark-coloured cover and a yellow band across with the title on. It's not any of the mainstream series, since they compared it to the books on the back of a normal album (it's not "Flight 714"). Unfortunately when they went back to get it, it had been sold.

Can anyone shed any light on what this book is ?
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 20:29
I can only think of the Harry Edwood parody cover, "Le Rocher des Kangourous". Have you shown your Grandparents that? Although it wasn't a story maybe the cover got used to cover a parody collection with a changed title. The band is yellow but the cover isn't exactly dark.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#3 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 20:35
Hmm, that's a thought. I'll fax them a copy of the image and see if they recognise it - it's the most likely option so far !
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 20:47
Maybe a poor translation of Flight 714 to Sydney?

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#5 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 20:52
Nope, it wasn't Mr Edwood's fine cover. I'm not sure about it being a version of Flight 714, since the genuine edition was there ("Vuelo 714 para Sidney", I think it's called ?), and I showed them the English edition too. Most bizarre ...
Harrock n roll
#6 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 21:08
Long shot this but could it have been one of “Tintin's Travel Diaries”?

In fact, I'm not sure there even is one for Australia...
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 21:38
No there isn;t one for Australia as I've just spent some time doing some research into the Travel Diaries.

Nothing that looks remotely like Australia written in Spanish for any of the other titles.

Are they sure it was a Tintin book?

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#8 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 22:08
I asked them if they were sure it was Tintin, and they were positive. I don't think it was any form of book like a Travel Diary, since they had a look through it, and it was a comic strip.

It's a rummy affair, as Bertie Wooster might say.
OJG
#9 · Posted: 9 Mar 2005 12:55
Well, we've heard of Tintin in Switzerland and Tintin in Thailand, so it's not really surprising at this latest find.
Pilote
#10 · Posted: 10 Oct 2005 13:46
Hmm, that's a thought. I'll fax them a copy of the image and see if they recognise it - it's the most likely option so far !

Youu have an image of the cover??

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!