Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Who is Your Favourite Tintin Villain?

Page  Page 5 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Mullergirl
#41 · Posted: 5 Mar 2009 01:23
My favorites are Müller (Because I think he is funny) and Ivan.
Amilah
#42 · Posted: 6 Mar 2009 04:08
Yes, those two. Not that I find Müller funny, but I find him a solid serious dangerous opponent, less silly than Rastapopoulos. He's both an intellectual and an adventurer -in the Olrik or Belloq sense- and I like how barely recognisable he is in Black Gold (especially covered with ink). Also I always had a soft spot/fascination for Ivan, for SOME OBVIOUS PERSONAL REASONS (aka: his name).

Jorgen in "Moon" deserves a mention too. Cold-blooded [profanity edited]. How methodically, deliberately, he prepares the rocket's departure. That's one evil, dangerous, heartless professional.

And I adore Allan. He's not a too fearsome opponent, but he's a nice secondary character. I'm always happy when he's on the page. He has a huge personality, despite of being always the "lieutnant", henchman kind. In fact, I like "main henchmen" kind of characters - those who are neither the main chief baddie nor the anonymous goon. Not too brilliant, not too dumb either. Makes for interesting interactions, "personal" contact with both the chief baddie and the heroes!
greatsnakes
#43 · Posted: 7 Mar 2009 19:53
I couldn't think of a favourite villain but Amilah's post made me realize I really liked Allan too, for all the same reasons. The scene where he and the Captain meet in Red Sea sharks is amazing. I like how Allan is more of an enemy for the Captain, just like how Tintin has his own foes.

Jorgen makes me really mad so I guess he does his job as a villain!
dreamdust
#44 · Posted: 1 Apr 2009 00:35
Hmm...tough choice. I would have to pick and Rastapopoulos (just for the laughs, I suppose :D)
I could be wrong, but it seems that all the villains in the series have black hair...heck, it even applies to the crow in a way! :P
Leviticus
#45 · Posted: 4 Apr 2009 13:38
Müller would be one of my favourites because he is an intriguing character. His medical expertise are intimidating because of his (un)known capabilities with torture :S

Alan, like someone said, is more of the Captain's enemy, but his presence is so overwhelming. Probably because of his physique :P
AkassisMuller
#46 · Posted: 5 Jul 2010 02:34
Out of every single major villain I have to choose between either Müller (who I believe is Akass), The Fakir, or Puschov.
Rianna Lauren
#47 · Posted: 5 Jul 2010 05:00
I'd go with Rastapopoulos, but after Flight 714 I changed my mind. XD I love Müller being a bad guy, and Allan, too, so I can't decide between these three. :P
jasperjava
#48 · Posted: 6 Jul 2010 03:59
1. For pure evil, nothing beats Rastapopoulos mining the boats of the misled Sondonesian freedom fighters, as well as plotting the demise of everyone else who helps him in Flight 714.

2. Boris/Jorgen: King Muskar XII's right-hand man, who was abominably betraying him; and the unconscionable act of mass murder on the Moon, marooning four men to a horrible certain death.

3. Mitsuhirato, who had a hand in providing the pretext to the Japanese invasion of China, causing the deaths of millions. There were other great villains in The Blue Lotus: the racist Gibbons, the corrupt Dawson, the Japanese military, etc.
jasperjava
#49 · Posted: 6 Jul 2010 04:23
One thing I like about Hergé is the humanity and subtlety of many of his villains. Flight 714 is a good study in this.

In The Red Sea Sharks (Coke en Stock) Skut (Szut) was a hired mercenary strafing a civilian ship, but his heart obviously wasn't into it. He revolts against the plan to leave Tintin and Haddock (and the Africans) aboard the burning Ramona, and takes control of the wheel in a very dangerous situation. When the Carreidas 160 is highjacked in Flight 714, he knows how to take charge of the passengers in the hold.

Doctor Krolspell is a disgrace to the medical profession, a coward, but he helps out after he learns of Rastapopoulos' plans for him. Of the villains in Flight 714, he's the only one whose fate is known.

Colombani is a crook who hates dogs, but he shows remarkable talent and courage in landing a supersonic jet on a runway that's much too short.

Anyone who sees the way Carreidas treats Spalding would understand his actions. Spalding is not in it just for the money, but to revenge himself for years of humiliation. A tragic figure.

Flight 714 is interesting: one of the "good" guys, Carreidas, is a totally despicable character. Another one, Gino, is ineffectual and fairly useless. Some of the villains show admirable traits compared to those two.

One of my favorite villains in the series is Frank Wolff. By pushing that big red button on the Moon, he commits an act of mass murder; but later, he saves the crew by accidentally killing Jorgen while trying to disarm him. His ultimate sacrifice is tragic and touching.
Ginger_Tuft
#50 · Posted: 5 Dec 2011 09:31
Not sure if this belongs here or if there's a topic like this already, but I was just curious. There are lots of evildoers running around in the Tintiverse! Which is your favourite?

Moderator Note: If you don’t know, be sure to do a forum search before starting a new thread; using the link at the top right-hand corner of the page, it was the work of seconds to find this topic already existed with alsmost exactly the same name.

Doing a search first keeps everything neat and tidy, and you may find that your question has already been answered.

Your post has been moved.

The Happy Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 5 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!