Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Is it time for official new Tintin adventures?

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Danagasta
#21 · Posted: 1 Jul 2005 16:07
People still read and enjoy Charles Dickens and Shakespeare.
That's true Rik, I for one still do ^_^
I also understand where you're coming from regarding the "dumbing down" of things. That would really bother me. What I had in mind was setting them in the original time periods, so I guess I lapsed on that part LOL. It's been a weird week, so you'll have to forgive me for that one....

Courtney
Tournesol
#22 · Posted: 2 Jul 2005 11:23
Speaking of a Tintin novel: such a novel WAS written by Frederick Tuten in the early 1990s: "Tintin in the New World". Chronicling, of course, Tintin's awaken sexuality. Completely off the target, mind you!

"Droles de plûmes" is fun, but again, it is a little too literate and approaching the series sideways in a slightly ironic and way too "modern" way. Hard to explain, you have to read it yourself.

23 albums + Alph-Art is indeed enough. Classicwise. But if the franchise is to live on, there is a need for new material. The projected Spielberg film might be the injection needed.

Personally, I am truly in awe of the recent Blake & Mortimer albums, especially those drawn by Ted Benoit. They are amazingly well done, completely in the style of Edgar P. Jacobs - and also adhering and expanding the world of B & M.

However, there is much trepidation in creating new albums of Tintin. First and foremost: no one can draw the characters just like Hergé did! (Not even Bob de Moor could do that; just look at the post 1983 ads he did.) Second: no one seems to be able to fill the characters which such vibrant life as Hergé could. His personality shines through in these characters, and who on Earth could fill that rôle?

So, if there are to be new albums, I guess they will have to be about something else. Maybe a "young Captain Haddock", teaming up with a young Chester sailing the seven seas. Or maybe a "young Calculus" and his student years as an athlete. Or the Thompsons' early years as detectives.

Would anyone care for such albums, sans the main title character? And without the characters ever meeting each other?
Danagasta
#23 · Posted: 2 Jul 2005 16:30 · Edited by: Admin
Speaking of a Tintin novel: such a novel WAS written by Frederick Tuten in the early 1990s: "Tintin in the New World". Chronicling, of course, Tintin's awaken sexuality. Completely off the target, mind you!
I'm picking this one up in about two weeks, actually (you read my mind!) so it'll be neat to see someone else's take on things.
"Droles de plûmes" is fun, but again, it is a little too literate and approaching the series sideways in a slightly ironic and way too "modern" way. Hard to explain, you have to read it yourself.
This is actually the style I prefer reading, so thanks for the information! That's going to be fun...now if I can just find the ISBN number online and order it, I'll be set!

Thanks again!
Courtney

--
[Note to poster: Courtney, do stick to the topic, please. For bibliographic details of "Drôles de plumes" - see
"Wanted: ISBN for Drôles de plumes". :-)]
tantan
#24 · Posted: 23 Oct 2005 13:45 · Edited by: tantan
I think the main reasons behind Tintin's success were Herge's passion and dedication. Tintin was his life.

No other artists, regardless of how skillfull or fans they are, would be able to pour their heart and soul the way Herge did. Tintin is his brainchild, his baby. It's like no one is gonna care for your son the way you do.

I don't think that any new adventure of Tintin would be able to match the quality and spirit of the canon. It takes a Herge to do that.
tintinagalog
#25 · Posted: 30 Nov 2007 06:06 · Edited by: Moderator
No one can ever match the quality of Herge's art, but with creative storywriting, somehow there might be. Who knows?

All it takes for the new adventure to resume is that Tintin and his friends must live with the modern trend and technology. There's no need to change their attitudes, principles, and their iconic outfits. Do not delete the captain's encyclopedia of blistering curses and calculus' innovative ingenuities. Maintain the spirit of male bonding/friendship. Keep the detectives' stupidity. Live the challenging outdoor adventures and globe-trottings. Allow our reporter to interfere in the criminals' businesses. Anything Herge. However, be extra careful in putting girls in their harmonious lives. Girls must not ruin the males' ideologies.

Edit #1 Posted: 30 Nov 2007 06:08:25
And, of course, if Herge-Moulinsart would allow us to move Tintin on...

Edit #2 Posted: 30 Nov 2007 06:10:07
Hey... do you want a time-traveling for them?

--
[Moderator note: hi tintinagalog - where possible, please edit instead of making consecutive posts. Thanks!]
number1fan
#26 · Posted: 1 Dec 2007 18:02 · Edited by: number1fan
There have been cartoons that havent been 100% true to the story but this is ok in a way its sort of like a completly differnt adventure.The Lake of the Sharks isnt written by Herge but was still made ok he didnt like it but what would Arthur Conan Doyle thought of the adaptions of the Sherlock Holmes films and series.I dont know wether they have been changed.The Legacy of Tintin must live on.
Tintinrulz
#27 · Posted: 2 Dec 2007 00:40
The Sherlock Holmes movies and series are a fair bit closer to Conan Doyle's original vision, than Lake of Sharks to Herge's. They don't really compare.
Triskeliae
#28 · Posted: 21 Jun 2008 15:24 · Edited by: Triskeliae
Let's take the example of Dupuis Editions. Their star comic book character is Spirou. He was created 9 years after Tintin, and without a doubt, he must have been inspired by Hergé's work.

The editors of Spirou had an idea: to make a parallel series of Spirou apart from the original series. A reknown comic book artist and writer would make his/her own rendition of Spirou in one book only (one-shot).
There are 4 of these already. The book series are called Spirou and Fantasio by.... The series don't pretend to take part of the original books. Tintin, in my opinion, should have the same concept, so artists and writers could make their own stories in their own style, but without altering the essence of the characters, of course (the same rule happens with these Spirou series). I don't believe that would be disrespectful. Quite the opposite: it would be a way to thank Hergé for inspiring so many artists and writers.

By the way, here's a small homage to Tintin made by Emile Bravo in his own rendition of Spirou (called Le Journal D'un Ingénu= The Diary of a Young Naive). Spirou's friends see him without his uniform and mistake him for our beloved reporter!

http://spirou.spirou.com/oneshots/04/popup.htm?imgN=extr2b

[Translation: Spirou- 'My word! This must be a real Contagion!'
The kid on the right: "It's TINTIN!"]
Triskeliae
#29 · Posted: 21 Jun 2008 16:43 · Edited by: Triskeliae
I'd love to see what Emile Bravo would write if there was a parallel series of Tintin!!

oops! sorry for not editing!
charlotte
#30 · Posted: 21 Jun 2008 22:54
I am writing a Tintin adventure but I keep to my self

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!