Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Is it time for official new Tintin adventures?

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

mct16
#31 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 00:26
Ever since the death of Rene Goscinny the quality of his series have deteriorated considerably. Not just Asterix but also another series of his, Lucky Luke, which was set in the old West.

Just take the latest Asterix adventure: meeting aliens! I ask you. Most critics seem to agree that it is not the same as it was under Rene. Granted, the quality of the writing has not affected sales, but it just goes to show that there is no accounting for taste.

If another writer is to take up the series then he will have to do more than have a dashing hero with a hot-tempered friend who mutters "blistering barnacles" in every other sentence, or an eccentric scientist. There will have to be thorough research done into the story's background and raise political and social subjects that would be of interest to the reader.

Actually, Alan Moore of Watchmen would be ideal, but I think that he tends to go for grittier and more adult subjects.

Even if new adventures are published everyone will know that Herge was not involved so that certain "touch" will be missing.

I have not read any Star Trek, Star Wars, CSI or other spin-off novels so I cannot comment on their quality, but I think that there is a huge difference between a TV series developed by committees of producers and directors, and one in which one man put in his whole.
SmartTintin
#32 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 17:10
charlotte:
I am writing a Tintin adventure but I keep to my self

Are you planning to draw?! Of course, you'll need to keep it to yourself...

mct16:
Even if new adventures are published everyone will know that Herge was not involved so that certain "touch" will be missing.

That is true! In case Fanny changes her mind after the film's success, I am sure that the people at Moulinsart will scrutinise the new adventure to the extent to make it as close as possible to the Hergé ones...
Triskeliae
#33 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 21:50
charlotte:
I am writing a Tintin adventure but I keep to my self

Same here.

In the case of Spirou, Editions Dupuis have its rules.

To make a great Tintin parallel story, Moulinsart MUST demand quality, of course. If Moulinsart decided to grant that privilege, they won't let just anyone create a Tintin story. And they would supervise.
charlotte
#34 · Posted: 23 Jun 2008 02:36 · Edited by: Moderator
I have started drawing it but I keep strictly to Tintins character and personality I can post one of my drawing if you like.

Duplicate post removed
Moderator Note: We cannot allow posting of fan art, or links on how to find it, for legal reasons, so please do not do so. Many thanks!
The Tintinologist Team
Sapristi
#35 · Posted: 1 Jul 2008 21:55
I always feel torn about this kind of debate. Part of me; sensible me, believes Herge's wishes have to be respected, but then there's the child-like fan in me that wants some fantastic new adventures written. It's a testament to Herge that despite being over 70 years old, and the series effectively (and abruptly) ending 20 years ago that people would love this to happen.

I like the 'parallel universe' idea applied to Spirou; then Herges 'world' would stay untouched, and different writers and artists could be comissioned to offer their takes on Tintin. The stories might be good, they might be bad, but at least they'd be out there.

Triskeliae:
Moulinsart MUST demand quality, of course. If Moulinsart decided to grant that privilege, they won't let just anyone create a Tintin story. And they would supervise.

True.The success of bringing Doctor Who back to life was to give the franchise to those who knew what they were doing. Russel T Davis was well respected as a writer before, but more than that; he was also a fan of the original series. I'm sure that there are some great writers and artists out there who are Tintin fans who would do a darn fine job.

I doubt it'd happen in a million years, but a girl can dream.
Triskeliae
#36 · Posted: 2 Jul 2008 00:16
Sapristi:
I like the 'parallel universe' idea applied to Spirou; then Herges 'world' would stay untouched, and different writers and artists could be comissioned to offer their takes on Tintin. The stories might be good, they might be bad, but at least they'd be out there.

That's exactly what I think!!
SmartTintin
#37 · Posted: 2 Jul 2008 07:44
Sapristi:

That is very true! Also, I think after the Spielberg movie, the demand for more adventures is going to increase. With millions of Tintin fans craving for new adventures, it would be time for Moulinsart to think on the lines of what would Hergé wish in such a situation. Will he ever agree to break millions of hearts for what he had wished for 25 years ago?
catintinut
#38 · Posted: 11 Dec 2009 16:08
NO, NO, NO!!!!!
If any others come out I will not read them.
Tintin deserves to be left in the twentieth century, where he belongs. Sherlock Holmes was the same way. He belonged to Victorian London, and people tried to drag him into the modern age, like riding around in limousines fighting Nazis, and going into the world of film and having movies made. Tintin does NOT belong in the twenty-first century.
rodney
#39 · Posted: 12 Dec 2009 05:20
I have said this before and with 'The Phantom' was created by Lee Falk.
He had no issues with other people making up new Phantom stories and there have been many stories which have been highly enjoyable to read and collect.
They are still in the spirit of Lee Falk and has meant we as fans see many different adventures which would not have been possible if Lee Falk had stipulated the comics end after his death.
I think if the upcoming movies are a success we may see Moulinsart consider it....possibly with a team they approve of.
It is all speculation however!
tintinophile691
#40 · Posted: 17 Dec 2009 23:48
Never, knowing what people would do to Tintin. Remember the unofficial books other people made? They - completely - messed - it - up. Tintin and the Lake of Sharks is also a complete shame.

Who knows what they will do next?

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!