Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

You know you're a Tintin fan when...

Page  Page 2 of 38:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  35  36  37  38  Next » 

Danagasta
#11 · Posted: 22 Jun 2005 15:42
YKYATFW...

You dress as Tintin for Halloween. (Points shamelessly to self) But since I have dark skin and black hair, no one know who I was. T^T

I did that too! But I'm a half Native American female who had very long hair at the time LOL---it didn't make sense, but Tintin isn't something confined to ethnicity. If I want to be a Cherokee Tintin, then that's cool!
You know you're a Tintin fan when you're trying to translate all the names of the characters and books into Cherokee and petition the Cherokee Nation to formally translate and publish Cherokee versions of the books.
jockosjungle
#12 · Posted: 22 Jun 2005 20:53
When you have a five minute browse on Amazon.fr and wish you were French!

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#13 · Posted: 22 Jun 2005 21:13
When taking a General Studies exam, you choose to write an essay about how the Adventures of Tintin reflect the times they were written in.
tybaltstone
#14 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 00:47
When you get a new book, no matter what the subject, and flick to the index to check if there are any entries for Hergé or Tintin.
Tintinrulz
#15 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 05:11
Tybaltstone, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that!
jockosjungle
#16 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 06:35
You get a guide book to Brussels and are shocked that Herge appears only twice and Tintin only once in the index.

Rik
GurraJG
#17 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 13:17
When asked to make a pair of trousers for your craft project in school, you make a pair just like Tintins.

-Gustav
John Sewell
#18 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 18:58
When, after coming out the shower or swimming pool, you shape your wet hair into a quiff to see what it looks like.
fritzette
#19 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 19:19
When, after coming out the shower or swimming pool, you shape your wet hair into a quiff to see what it looks like.

LOL! A few years ago, I got a really bad hair cut since the hairdresser made my hair really short (for a girl) when I asked him for a TRIM. Most people laughed at my hair and in order to lighten up my mood, I would look in the mirror, put some gel and shape it into a quiff like Tintin's!
Danagasta
#20 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 20:00
Oh cool, I tried that when I had really short hair---I had mine cut once to where it was easy to spike (some girls with very straight hair like mine do that, especially in Japan, and that was where this cut came from.Styling wax works wonders for a Tintin.

Page  Page 2 of 38:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  35  36  37  38  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!