Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Why were some books not made into TV cartoons?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

nosl
#11 · Posted: 29 Sep 2007 17:09
I wonder if it would be possible for Nelvana to produce (in animated form) or Moulinsart to produce (in comic book form) the Blue Oranges & Golden Fleece stories that were made into films.

Is there any chance that Tintin au pays des Soviets, Congo & Alph-art could be produced into animated series or a newer book? (despite the questionable subjects in the stories &/or lack of material).
cigars of the beeper
#12 · Posted: 29 Sep 2007 17:55
If I ever can get myself the means, I will make my own animated version of Soviets!
jock123
#13 · Posted: 29 Sep 2007 22:55
There isn't any chance that Moulinsart would make new Tintin books, I'm afraid, regardless of the source of the plot, as they abide by Hergé's decision that the series would die with him.
As to why you would make a cartoon out of a film that is already available, well, I don't know...
Diego the Dreadful
#14 · Posted: 5 Jan 2008 23:44
I doubt that The Land of the Soviets would have translated well on to television because it almost completely lacks any sort of plot at all. It's just Tintin going along beating up a few communists. It's clear to see why Herge had no desire to re-draw the weakest of his adventures.
tintinagalog
#15 · Posted: 7 Jan 2008 12:04
I think it's because of the controversial themes/concepts implied in Soviets and Congo. Children may be delighted with the adventures of the hero, but the educated oldies find these episodes offensive to politics and racism.
Tintin Noob
#16 · Posted: 31 Mar 2008 15:30
Moved from another thread:

Hello, I like many other have the box set of tintin on dvd. However The American set has 20, Other countries set has 21. Leaving out Alpha obviously... But most important Congo and Soviets... Does anyone know if those two episodes were ever released on dvd or vhs. But they need to be format 1 for America and in the English Language
jockosjungle
#17 · Posted: 31 Mar 2008 19:47
No the American set I believe misses out Tintin in America.

Congo and Soviets have never been made into a television series so will never get released.

R
cigars of the beeper
#18 · Posted: 31 Mar 2008 20:44
Yep, it skips America all right in the American set. I don't know why, I'm not offended by Tintin in America at all.
Tintin Noob
#19 · Posted: 2 Apr 2008 12:51
Even tho the books wouldn't be right for kid's and that is why they have not been made on video... It shouldn't matter because those episodes should be labeled adult only and not watched by children.. South Park, Family Guy are watched by children all over and watching one episode of south park would be much worse to children's eyes than any Tintin episode.
cigars of the beeper
#20 · Posted: 3 Apr 2008 01:04
I think it's more of an issue of space, and making things even. If they included Tintin in America, they would have to either make one disk have three episodes, or add a disk with only one episode. You can download this episode from Amazon.com, though. (For $1.99 [I don't know what this is in pounds or anything])

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!