Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin and I - airing in the US in July 2006

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

kirthiboy
#11 · Posted: 12 Jul 2006 20:44
I saw it yesterday for the first time and I really liked it very much. I found the beginning of it little hard to get interested until they started showing the relation of Herge's life to his work.

I wish the documentary revealed more of Herge's original sketches and his writings as to how he coined his ideas. I like the part where in the ending page of "Coke en Stock", he writes about the idea of Tintin going to Tibet.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to view all the paintings Herge did or possible to buy them anywhere? Like the ones they showed in the documentary...
syoung333
#12 · Posted: 19 Jul 2006 10:17 · Edited by: Moderator
for those interested in viewing the PBS documentary:

PBS P.O.V - Tintin and I [url removed]

Originally aired: 2006.07.16
"Who was Tintin? Indeed, who was his creator, Hergé? Tintin was the determined and resilient hero of a comic book series that took him on thrilling adventures around the world �" and on some voyages not quite of this world. Actually, though Tintin is not as well known in the U.S. as in Europe, his distinctive tuft of ginger hair and Hergé's no less distinctive drawing style will ring a bell with many Americans. Appearing from 1929 to 1982, the series took Tintin to the planet's most exotic places to confront all sorts of danger, treachery and political machinations, with an emphasis on the fast-paced visuals of trains, planes, cars, bombs and other new technologies.

Why does the comic strip The Adventures of Tintin, about an intrepid boy reporter, continue to fascinate us decades after its publication? "Tintin and I" highlights the potent social and political underpinnings that give Tintin's world such depth, and delves into the mind of Hergé, Tintin's work-obsessed Belgian creator, to reveal the creation and development of Tintin."

more info: http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2006/tintinandi/

==
Federal funding for CPB/PBS is going to be cut significantly over the next two years, so if you watch any of these programs, please support your local PBS Station by making a contribution or by purchasing their DVDs. To help speed up future releases, please try to seed this torrent as much as possible. Thanks.
==
[URL removed]

Moderator Note: Sorry, but we do not allow links to downloads of copyrighted material, as per our forum rules.
The Happy Tintinologist Team
schnelle
#13 · Posted: 23 Aug 2006 15:12
Has anyone found a copy of the Tintin and I DVD in the US? POV does not have it in their on-line store.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!