Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: Casting discussion

Page  Page 12 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next » 

fixer79
#111 · Posted: 15 Dec 2007 10:03
I don't know if you guys heard, but apparently Andy Serkis, who provided performance capture for Gollum in 'The Lord of the Rings'and King Kong might be playing Haddock in the upcoming CG film...

More here:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6606
Gerry Alanguilan
#112 · Posted: 16 Dec 2007 08:06
Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock?
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Komikero/andyhaddock.jpg - Andy Serkis as Haddock
labrador road 26
#113 · Posted: 16 Dec 2007 08:12
I don't know the vocie-qualities of Serkis but I sure hope he is capable of doing a bombastic voice. If he sound like Gollum it will be all wrong. A better choice in my opinion would have been John Rhys-Davies as his voice is definetely more Haddock-ish.

Blistering Barnacles my Preciousss.
Tintinrulz
#114 · Posted: 16 Dec 2007 09:52
Serkis has many varied voices. He's not a one man voice. Haddock's in good hands.
Tintinrulz
#115 · Posted: 16 Dec 2007 09:53
Yes, but he needs a fuller beard, doesn't he?
cstriker
#116 · Posted: 18 Dec 2007 00:21
This is one long running thread. :)

I am excited at the same time very afraid that hollywood will once again fail at depicting the characters and the spirit of the comics at heart. Like they do to every other book. :(
Jeeves
#117 · Posted: 26 Jan 2008 17:22
I like Andy Serkis but I don't like him as Haddock, does anyone else think that his voice is to high? I have a 14 year old sister whos voice is lower than his! Is this a problem for anyone else?
Jeeves
#118 · Posted: 26 Jan 2008 17:38
Here's my list:
(remember it's basicaly animated so these peoples apearences are not relevent!)

Tintin: Elijah Wood
Snowy:???
Haddock: Lionel Jefferies (he was Haddock in the radio plays) or Ian McKellan
Calculus:Rowan Atkinson
Tompson:Colin Jeavons (inspector Lestrade in the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes')
Tomson:same
Castafiore:Miriam Margolyes (of Blackadder)
Rastapopoulos:Alfred Molina (see him in the DaVinci Code)
Nestor:Shteven Fry (Jeeves of Jeeves and Wooster)
Alcazar:Antonio Banderas (I can't think of a good Latino fit)
Wagg:Ricky Gervais
Abdullah:???
Muller:Don't know any good German actors
tintinagalog
#119 · Posted: 27 Jan 2008 07:59
Antonio Banderas as General Alcazar? I agree with you, Jeeves, with reference to his physique. He looks a lot like him (see Tintin and the Picaros on the frame when Jolyon and Alcazar met in the jungle). But with the voice? I think the man who voiced for The Lion King's Banzai would do better. He's a comedian Latino.

Unless the Dreamworks would consider Banderas' voice acts in the Shrek series, maybe he could be picked up again to portray a new character a bit apart from being Puss in the boots.
Jeeves
#120 · Posted: 27 Jan 2008 22:55
tintinagalog:I don't know the person you are talking about but I think that Banderas' voice would be work for the part I also think he has the nessesary charisma to play a dictator,but that is just what I think.

Page  Page 12 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next » 

This topic is closed.