Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: Casting discussion

Page  Page 6 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  15  16  Next » 

OJG
#51 · Posted: 16 Nov 2004 21:15
I hope you meant ROBIN Williams not ROBBIE williams!! The mind boggles.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#52 · Posted: 16 Nov 2004 21:58
I agree ! I can't believe that he will be doing the voice of Dougal in the upcoming Magic Roundabout movie. Haddock would be even worse. [I know - I'm going off-topic - sorry Admin !]
the maid Irma
#53 · Posted: 17 Nov 2004 02:38
... before any further casting can be done I need to know who will play the maid Irma!?
kirthiboy
#54 · Posted: 17 Nov 2004 21:07
How about Ronan Keating as Tintin? :|
Tintinrulz
#55 · Posted: 17 Nov 2004 22:30
Don't you dare! He's a pretty boy! And we need someone who is a very good but unknown actor as Tintin.
brad
#56 · Posted: 18 Nov 2004 11:26
Back to the Tom Hanks thing. He would be good as Haddock. He did apparently make a cameo appearance in Band of Brothers as a British paratrooper officer (though I've got the DVD set and still haven't managed to locate him)...so I'm unable to say how good his Brit accent would be! , though he is an exreemely versatile actor.

If he was a bit younger, I'd have said Leslie Phillips would have been ideal as Jolyon Wagg.

Ant and Dec as the Thompson twins.
Tintinrulz
#57 · Posted: 18 Nov 2004 11:54
I thought Hanks had been determined as Haddock on objectiftintin long ago, what's this talk of Robin Willams? I've never heard of that. I don't know if he is appropriate for the role but he is one of my more favourite actors.
mitsuhirato
#58 · Posted: 20 Nov 2004 19:54
I personally think Tom Hanks has the credibility, talent and expertise to make an excellent Haddock. I read in an article online that Tony Shalhoub (Monk) is being talked about for the role of Calculus. I'm not sure though...
thmthm
#59 · Posted: 22 Nov 2004 02:22
I dont know how many of you are in the states, but when i mention tintin, I get a blank stare. Tintin is like soccer - famous around the world, but nobody gives a crap about it here. I hope that if they make the movie - it will be a director that will give it a unique style and not make it another Indiana Jones - Jeunet comes to mind... but I guess Spielberg owns the movie rights?
Personally, I believe that tintin belongs on the page, not the screen - I still havent seen any of the earlier movies and dont care too - it would kill it for me - It was unfortunate when I saw the animated versions - those were herrendous. I really havent heard much other than Alex McDowell - production designer on Terminal and Monority report doing research for tintin...but since Im new to this site, Im guessing I will learn much more...
jock123
#60 · Posted: 22 Nov 2004 23:53
thmthm, I am surprised that you didn’t like the cartoons - the Nelvana series is generally highly regarded around here, and the BelVision versions have their supporters too. I’d also suggest that you seek out “Tintin and the Mystery of the Golden Fleece”, as it really is rather good, and quite Hergéian in tone...

mitsuhirato informs:
I read in an article online that Tony Shalhoub (Monk) is being talked about for the role of Calculus. I'm not sure though...
Hmmm... I can’t see it either - he doesn’t have the gawky quality I associate with the professor. My personal choice would have been Michael Jeter (he’s the chap with the mouse in “The Green Mile”), but sadly he has died in the last year or so, so that’s out of the question.

Page  Page 6 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  15  16  Next » 

This topic is closed.