Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Existing Tintin Movies: General discussion

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

marsbar
#1 · Posted: 7 Mar 2004 00:09
What do folks think of the existing Tintin movies? I quite like The Golden Fleece.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 7 Mar 2004 00:23
I liked The Golden Fleece too - I thought it was a very good translation of the Tintin series from book to screen. The story, whilst not written by Hergé, was very much in the same vein as his works, and so was enjoyable as a good adaptation. The actors were convincing as their characters, the location shooting perfect, and the music was excellent.

The Blue Oranges was, however, terrible. I can't think of many redeeming qualities about it - Jean-Pierre Talbot (Tintin) looked too old, the kids were annoying, the music wasn't all that good ... I suppose the location shooting was about the only good thing in it.

I sort of like The Temple of the Sun - it has its good points and bad points. I suppose it's all we could expect from the time it was made, and the resources.

Lake of Sharks - can't stand it. Someone should have gagged the kids when they started singing.
kirthiboy
#3 · Posted: 7 Mar 2004 00:30
Lol
Richard, you just think like me. When I first saw Tintin and the lake of sharks, I was watching it with my family. They too are Tintin fans and were expecting something interesting. But after watching lake of sharks they realized Tintin was too kiddish for me. Imagine my situation. I was shocked and especially I myself cannot stand those kids singing. Tintin movies should be more serious and intriguing like the albums are and the humor part should be exactly as the albums have. Else I rather not see a Tintin movie.
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 7 Mar 2004 02:46
I have only seen Tintin and the Lake of Sharks and the comic book I found only a little better than the film (because it was shorter).

I haven't seen Tintin and the Golden Fleece or Tintin and the Blue Oranges or Prisoners of the Sun movie.
I really want to see Golden Fleece but its not available in English!

Where did you see it marsbar? since you're an Australian like me.
marsbar
#5 · Posted: 2 Jul 2005 13:01
Tintinrulz asked: Where did you see it marsbar? since your'e an Australian like me.

On TV. :-) Please see "Screenings of Tintin films" thread for more information.

Reminder to all: where-to-find/buy posts belong in the "Tintin collectibles" forum.
Harrock n roll
#6 · Posted: 2 Jul 2005 14:08
An odd bit of trivia:

According to the BFI’s (British Film Institute) film & TV credits, the British comedian Lenny Henry made his first ever screen appearance in...

Tintin et les Oranges Bleues...!

see http://www.screenonline.org.uk/people/id/468336/credits.html

Unfortuately I don’t have a copy of the film to check - maybe somebody who has would like to confirm this?
Richard
UK Correspondent
#7 · Posted: 2 Jul 2005 14:53
Lenny Henry in Tintin et les Oranges Bleues ? The mind boggles ! I'll dig the film out and have a look through, although he'll only have been six at the time. Sort of like an alternative Where's Wally? !
Danagasta
#8 · Posted: 2 Jul 2005 16:41
I saw screenshots from The Blue Oranges, and it looked almost as though someone shot the entire film with a Super 8 camera instead of the standard 35mm film. I'm guessing that may have been due to image compression, but how exactly is the video quality in the DVDs you guys have?
Tintin movies are extremely difficult to get in the US for some reason---I'm guessing it's lack of demand as well as region and format issues. Lake of Sharks recently came out in Region 1, but it's almost $30 US and not sold in any stores I know of.

Courtney
Richard
UK Correspondent
#9 · Posted: 2 Jul 2005 16:56
In the copies of the films I have, La Toison d'Or looks to have been remastered to a greater extent than Les Oranges Bleues.

If you look at certain scene transitions, the difference between the remastered film and the original footage can be seen clearly. Les Oranges Bleues seems a bit dark to me at times, and even with the brightness and contrast increased greatly, it's hard to see what's going on. I would say that it's probably due to the age of the film and the failure to remaster the footage to a sufficient level.

I know what you mean about Oranges looking like it was filmed with a Super 8 camera, but according to the IMDB it was printed on 35mm film by Laboratoires GTC, Joinville, France.
jock123
#10 · Posted: 2 Jul 2005 17:39
Harrock n roll

According to the BFI’s (British Film Institute) film & TV credits, the British comedian Lenny Henry made his first ever screen appearance in...
Tintin et les Oranges Bleues...!

I suppose he may have been a voice used for dubbing purposes for the English dialogue? One of the children perhaps?
Slightly off topic, but I was personally fascinated to discover that most, if not all, of the voices for the English version of Jacques Tati’s “M. Hulot’s Holiday” were provided by an un-credited Christopher Lee!

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!