Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: News and general discussion

Page  Page 32 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  31  32  33  ...  64  65  Next » 

jock123
#311 · Posted: 30 Mar 2009 11:31
Thanks yet again for the update.

On a slight tangent, interesting to see that what Nick Frost refers to as iChat (Apple software, free with your Mac), is a "specially designed video-conferencing system" in the other article... One sounds expensive, the other well, cheap and practical!
Tintinmarch
#312 · Posted: 2 Apr 2009 08:58
The thing is, will Peter Jackson be a good producer enough?

We all know he tends to...uh...change the look and feel of the originals too much. He did good keeping the Tolkien-ish wonder in the LOTR, but King Kong just wasn't King Kong. It didn't feel like a Kong movie to me.

So who knows what he and Weta will do to this production design, however, I think regardless, I'll watch it and appreciate it, whether it has the genuine Tintin charm or no.

One thing about Spielberg and Jackson - despite often changing the tone from the work they adapt/remake, they always add another charm to it to die for. A charm of their own that just makes you love it regardless.

And thanks luinivierge2010 for the update!
jock123
#313 · Posted: 2 Apr 2009 18:18
Tintinmarch:
We all know he tends to...uh...change the look and feel of the originals too much.

That seems a bit of a jump, as you suggest that he did a "good job" with LOTR, a far more substantial body of work than the relatively brief King Kong with which you compare it.

Of course, "brief" is only in comparison to the LOTR! My problem with Kong was, if anything, that he actually tried too hard to put too much of the original in: the original had stunning state-of-the-art effects work and staggering set pieces, so he bludgeons the viewer with even more effects and more set-pieces. The original is a fairly sprightly piece, at c. 100 mins.; the 2005 one bogged itself down at 180-something minutes (and I've never seen the 200 minute-plus extended version...).

I also found it hard to believe that Naomi Watts could swan around on the very top of the Empire State Building (in high heels, no less), having conversations with Adrien Brody, with not so much as a hair out of place, rather than hanging on for dear life to stop her being blown off in a gale...

But in terms of his attention to detail, and how beautifully he recreated the N.Y.C. of the depression-era, plus the ship and Kong Island - it was wonderful; if he applies this sort of love to Tintin, I'll be well pleased.
Tintinmarch
#314 · Posted: 2 Apr 2009 20:32
I think he'll do great.

He always - every time - he always entertains and gives his viewers a stunning trinket to hold dear.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#315 · Posted: 12 Apr 2009 01:14
I was just reading this interview that Simon Pegg did for SFX magazine, where he says:

"So me, Nick [Frost], Jamie Bell and Daniel Craig were all doing scenes together, taking it very seriously – although it’s a light-hearted adventure, you have to take it seriously - and we just looked ridiculous."

Bearing in mind how little Red Rackham is actually present in the original book, and how Craig has been promoted as the villain of the film, I wonder if we're going to see a descendant of Red Rackham? Pegg's comment seems to support this, implying that Tintin and the Thompsons are going to be on screen with (a) Red Rackham.
luinivierge2010
#316 · Posted: 12 Apr 2009 11:31
And here is more from Frost:

' The pair recently went into a collective geek frenzy when they filmed their parts as bumbling detectives Thomson and Thompson in Steven Spielberg's coming CGI movie adaptation of the Tintin comics.

The burly Brit is still in awe of the famous director, who he says was more than happy to answer questions about Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which is Frost's favourite film.

"Getting to go to work every day and Steven Spielberg is on set is absolutely amazing," Frost says. "It's like meeting the president of Filmton. Just having him remember your name is a great honour." '

Source:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25317001-2902,00.html
greatsnakes
#317 · Posted: 17 Apr 2009 19:45
I've been so busy! But I just spotted this article & got super excited. First pic from the set! Looks like we can read more when the magazine actually comes out next week. I love all the pictures on the wall in the background.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24608
dreamdust
#318 · Posted: 18 Apr 2009 01:41
I'm not ashamed to say that I screamed when I saw this. (Well, maybe a bit. :P) And then proceeded to drag everyone in the house to the computer to see the photo. *ahem*

Thanks so much for the update, greatsnakes!! :D Perhaps it sounds odd, but the actors' expressions at that moment remind me of the actual characters...and the pics on the wall seem to indicate that they're really trying to capture the mood from the books! That's it, I'm seeing the movie in the cinema twice now. XD
greatsnakes
#319 · Posted: 18 Apr 2009 06:53
Yeah, I've had a lot of doubts but I am definitely getting more and more excited! I would love to see more pics from the set.
luinivierge2010
#320 · Posted: 19 Apr 2009 23:48

Page  Page 32 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  31  32  33  ...  64  65  Next » 

This topic is closed.