Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] Unicorn Movie: News and general discussion

Page  Page 65 of 67:  « Previous  1  ...  64  65  66  67  Next » 

Morganson
#641 · Posted: 19 Oct 2011 19:26
Video interview with Spielberg and Jackson.
Morganson
#642 · Posted: 19 Oct 2011 19:48
Ladybird:
I feel really ambivalent about the film. On the one hand I'm excited and hope that people who watch the movie will go and read the books. I think that it will be fun and probably entertaining. On the other hand I feel that a lot of the brilliant social and cultural commentary will be completely lost. Not to mention the fact that so many great books/moments/supporting characters will have to be cut just because of time constraints. There's my two cents!

I have mixed feelings about this film too, mainly just hoping they don't mess up and it's a hit. But I don't think the lack of social commentary will hurt the film considering the Unicorn album is one of the escapist/fantasy stories written by Hergé during the Nazi occupation of Belgium when he was careful to be non-political.
Ladybird
#643 · Posted: 20 Oct 2011 06:16
Morganson
Yes you're right that the Unicorn/Treasure double header is escapist, but I'm just worried that some of the ones that contain more social and political satire like Picaros will be totally left out. Not that I don't love the ones I know that they are adapting (of course I love all Tintin that's why I'm here) but I know some of my favorite adventures won't factor into the film. I think one of the great things about Tintin is that it effectively uses so many genres and I don't think that you can get that kind of variety into three films.
Morganson
#644 · Posted: 20 Oct 2011 07:46
Ladybird

Yeah, you're probably right about Picaros not getting adapted. The time gap doesn't help. But who knows? Maybe if they get a new directer for the third one, we'll see a more politically aware film.

In the meantime, here's a featurette with Spielberg, Jackson, Serkis, and Craig.
DianNdeso
#645 · Posted: 23 Oct 2011 23:40
Tintiners around the Globe,

After waiting for a long time, now Tintin movie is entering LSF - our internal censor film prior it's released officially in Indonesia. In the other hand, we are in Tintin ID community, is preparing a plan to watch the movie together with all our members.

Cross our finger for it!!
jock123
#646 · Posted: 24 Oct 2011 18:56
The BigPictureUK has put together a mini-special promoting the film, which they have asked to have brought to your attention. You can watch it on their YouTube feed.
Bordurian Thug
#647 · Posted: 24 Oct 2011 22:38
Michael Farr popped up in a Channel 4 News feature tonight: “Tintin Comes to Life in 3D Spielberg Film”.
shangas
#648 · Posted: 25 Oct 2011 01:46
jock123:
The BigPictureUK has put together a mini-special promoting the film, which they have asked to have brought to your attention. You can watch it on their YouTube feed.

That was awesome! Very interesting. Damn it, I can't wait for the movie! I've been on tenterhooks about this for a year and a half now...
chocolat
#649 · Posted: 26 Oct 2011 12:08
So...no one's talking about "uncanny valleys"...?
rainise
#650 · Posted: 15 Nov 2011 11:45
Which books were used in the movie The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn?

And is is true that there will be two more Tintin movies coming out? I heard Jamie Bell say something about two scripts already being written.

Page  Page 65 of 67:  « Previous  1  ...  64  65  66  67  Next » 

This topic is closed.