Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] Unicorn Movie: News and general discussion

Page  Page 67 of 67:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  65  66  67 

mct16
#661 · Posted: 19 Nov 2011 22:47 · Edited by: mct16
Balthazar:
Respect for accuracy or for your reader's intelligence would pretty much rule you out for being employed on most Scottish tabloids and indeed most British ones generally.

My journalist father agrees with you wholehartedly on this, which is one reason why he never worked for the tabloids.

I'm simply naive. I think it important to point out inacuracies because we need to trust the press in order to know what is going on in the world.

Dr Gove was good enough to answer an email about the article, with the following comments:

"Thank you for your email. I always welcome discussion, and it is clear that you are a connoisseur of Tintin. But in short, I would still put L'Ile noire as a key album, for the following reasons:

"--although, as you say, Le Lotus bleu marked a turning point, racial stereotyping is still clear within it. L'Ile noire is the first album where the exotic Other is not threatening or inferior, but truly a draw to an outside world that supplements that of Tintin

"--L'Ile noire was the only album to be redone twice. the 1965 version stands as the prefect example of the ligne claire, at the very time when Hergé was to influence Warhol and the pop art movement.

"I summarise here, but these are my main points. For the article interview I used the French title, which Brian McIver translated as the Black Isle. Linguistically that is correct, but you are quite right in pointing out that that the published title is The Black Island.

"Again, thank you for your comments. Opinions may differ but debate and exchange is surely a good thing.

"Very Best Wishes
"Laurence"
tintinagalog
#662 · Posted: 7 Jan 2012 07:32 · Edited by: tintinagalog
Hahahaha!!! If ever this forum was a competition, I would have won the grand prize!!! Hahaha!!! My 2008 hunch was right all along, as Tintin and Haddock had their "First Meeting", and Professor Calculus was absent at the film!!!

This was my post from some years ago:
Posted: 31 Aug 2008 07:03
Hmmn... so did they deleted (should be 'delete') the idea of Haddock and Tintin's "First Meeting" as shown in "Crab with the Golden Claws"?

I'm not against this Unicorn title as the first of the three Tintin installments. in fact, it's one of the funniest, most exciting episodes to watch out for as a movie/ tv series. However, for the Unicorn Movie, what effective strategy will Spielberg do to meet these characters? Set aside Calculus, for he will introduce himself and his Shark Submersible.

--
[Moderator action: merged 2 posts.]
Harrock n roll
#663 · Posted: 7 Jan 2012 09:26
tintinagalog:
Hahahaha!!! If ever this forum was a competition, I would have won the grand prize!!! Hahaha!!! My 2008 hunch was right all along, as Tintin and Haddock had their "First Meeting", and Professor Calculus was absent at the film!!!

Congratulations, you've won a bottle of 'szpradj' and a packet of freeze-dried instant 'szlaszeck' with mushrooms! To be collected from 431 Marlinspike...
tintinagalog
#664 · Posted: 7 Jan 2012 14:26
Harrock n roll
Hurray! A toast to everyone!

Page  Page 67 of 67:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  65  66  67 

This topic is closed.