Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Lake of Sharks: The film book

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Frankymole
#11 · Posted: 16 Jul 2004 07:05
The question is, is the Studios Herge version of the artwork still in existence? And if so has it been pirated?
jock123
#12 · Posted: 16 Jul 2004 12:52 · Edited by: jock123
The version we have is done by Studio Hergé; I think you are talking about the newspaper strip version.

There is no reason to believe that the newspaper version work isn’t still around, barring un-knowables such as theft or damage.

It has been pirated, and coloured too (it was done for B&W strip publication in newspapers, I think).
GurraJG
#13 · Posted: 21 Jul 2004 14:27
I just picked up a Swedish copy of the book. First of, I don't think it's very good, but it's still fun to have in ones collection. Now, how do you tell the two editions apart? The one I bought is from '79. It's 44 pages long, with 3 strips per page. The pages are "normal" dimensions. So, which edition do you think I have?

-Gustav
Richard
UK Correspondent
#14 · Posted: 22 Jul 2004 17:28 · Edited by: Richard
The official edition uses painted backgrounds (as one would find in an animated cartoon), with the characters overlaid in flat colours. The pirated edition is all done with flat colours (like a standard Tintin album), including the backgrounds.
BlueBlisteringBarnacles
#15 · Posted: 16 Aug 2004 10:12
A strange point about the 'officially published' Lake of Sharks is that it is shorter than the normal 62 page format, yet having seen the film they omitted many elements which to me improved the film, and made it a little more Tintin-like.

The version of the album I have seems very weak, with no real character other than shallow representations of Hergé's characters.
zgn2
#16 · Posted: 1 Dec 2006 21:02
Is the comic adaptation of it still being published? I'm going to get more “3-in-1” books tomorrow, is it in any of them?
jockosjungle
#17 · Posted: 2 Dec 2006 11:59
Still available like any other, not in the 3-in-1 compilations though!

R
thefin
#18 · Posted: 2 Jan 2007 15:09
I liked Lake of Sharks. Not as great quality as the others, but an OK extra to the collection. Think the Bond movie Never Say Never Again as a comparison.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!