Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Hergé: Is a bio-pic possible?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Etterbeek
#11 · Posted: 30 Jan 2008 19:30
I think they should play around a little with the truth and show Hergé's ordinary life as well as his imaginary life as Tintin (and later Captain Haddock), and let him experience the people and incidents that were to be drawn in the books.
Maybe a half live action/ half CGI film? Could also be interesting cinematic stuff with his thoughts on Catholicism, and his nightmares.
Jeeves
#12 · Posted: 31 Jan 2008 06:18
jock123:
they loved Walk the Line and Ray, and they weren't squeaky-clean

Actually the reveiwer for the New York Times wasn't too happy about Ray.
And I'd be careful what you wish for in that respect - remember Hergé left his wife for another woman...
By "wild love affairs" I ment like that Frida Kahlo film.
Sorry, should have been more clear.

Moderator Note: It won two Oscars, two BAFTAs, a Golden Globe, plus multiple other awards and nominations, as well as scoring 79% on critics' scores on Rotten Tomatoes, so while the NYT critic wasn't alone in finding fault with it, the overall concensus is that Ray was a critical hit... ;-)
Cutts_The_Butcher
#13 · Posted: 31 Dec 2011 02:26
I went to see Tintin: Secret of 'The Unicorn' yesterday, and all through it I was thinking, "This is all very well, but what does this add to the Tintin universe?"
It was during this that I came up with an idea: make a movie about the life of Hergé and intertwine it with Tintin's adventures, creating a parallel between the life of the creator and the life of the creation.
After all, didn't Hergé himself say that Tintin was an aspect of himself personified?

Just thought I'd post this and see what other Tintinologists thought about it.

Moderator Note: You'll find that the subject has already been discussed, so your post has been moved here!

The Tidy Tintinologist Team
mct16
#14 · Posted: 31 Dec 2011 13:28
A TV dramatisation of Hergé's life would not be a bad idea, especially one concerning the war years, when he had to draw a fine line between "collaboration" and "earning a living".

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!