Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: General discussion

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Blackcat
#11 · Posted: 25 Nov 2007 03:25
Overall, I like the adaptions... true, it spoils it a bit that they censored it, but most tv/movie adaptions of books have bits missing. I guess editing out of subplots, or aspects of the main plot, is necessary due to considerations of time and the 'flow' of the story (although I can't for the life of me see why they made some of the more minor changes, like Tintin already knowing Skut in 'Red Sea Sharks'!).

A couple of things I found enjoyable in the adaptations:

Seeing scenes from some of the earlier books (Like 'The Broken Ear' or 'The Blue Lotus') redrawn in similar style to the later books...

Seeing some of the comic moments bought to life... Calculus' encounter with the wheelchair in 'The Castafiore Emerald' or the whole "acting the goat" sequence in 'Destination Moon'... scenes I've read so many times in the books I'm almost 'immune' to them, had me laughing out loud when I watched them on DVD
Tintinrulz
#12 · Posted: 25 Nov 2007 04:11
I think removing the cowboy and indian story from Tintin in America was a wise decision. I much prefer the tv version to Herge's.
tintinagalog
#13 · Posted: 25 Nov 2007 05:04
although I can't for the life of me see why they made some of the more minor changes, like Tintin already knowing Skut in 'Red Sea Sharks'!).

to add your observation is Pablo. In the Picaros album, it was clear that it's Tintin and Pablo's second encounter. But on the TV series, it seemes that it was their first time to meet. Pablo was a stranger to Tintin.
Shaggy Milou
#14 · Posted: 25 Nov 2007 21:22
After seeing examples of the Belvision series from the 50s, I have a newfound appreciation for the Canadian 90s version. The artwork and plotlines were even more heavily compromised in the former. :P And hey, some of the albums were adapted very well. I enjoyed "The Castafiore Emerald".
cigars of the beeper
#15 · Posted: 25 Nov 2007 23:48
I can't think of any possible reason why they made Tintin already know Skut. Did they release the animated Flight 714 before The Red Sea Sharks?
tintinagalog
#16 · Posted: 27 Nov 2007 11:17
Maybe, beep. Maybe. Besides, 90's Tintin didn't follow the album sequence.
number1fan
#17 · Posted: 29 Nov 2007 17:37
I dont think they followed sequence becuase they wanted to introduce Haddock & Calculas early.
Would have been cool if they came out in order but now we have the great episodes on DVD we can more or less do that.Why the hell would you have Tintin in America at the end of the series.
tintinagalog
#18 · Posted: 30 Nov 2007 02:48
As I perceived, maybe it's because Tintin in America is the least favored episode. They released the more interesting titles first to keep the show on the roll.
Jeeves
#19 · Posted: 30 Jan 2008 05:23
Ok, someone needs to help me out here, what kind of acents were the characters sopposed to have??? Were they suposed to be Irish, Scottish, English, Canadian, American??? I had no idea, please help.

BTW I found some that can be watched online with pretty good picture quality, enjoy!

[-snip-]

--
[Moderator action: link removed. Reason: rule violation.]
Moderator note: Please do not post links to unauthorised broadcasts of full Tintin cartoon episodes or any copyrighted material that should be purchased. Thank you for your cooperation.
Etterbeek
#20 · Posted: 1 Feb 2008 11:27
Seems like accents is a way to further dramatize the characters, and it's always a flop. I'm not too familiar with the English version, but in Swedish it's a catastrophe: the Thompsons are the only ones with heavy French accent, for example... That rather destroys the fun of watching the series for me.

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!